Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Keeping my 98 Disco for the states

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow. PLEASE let's not let this thread denigrate in to a political argument. Point proven. Don't be a hater. Im no mod, but I do know that for the most part when I open land rover threads I like to read about land rover stuff. Let's keep it cordial gents and preferably on topic.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Let's do.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:27 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
Let's do.
Can you wait for a minute first...I ran out of Mt. Dew and donuts.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

No your not.....

Because 1 your probably in school and untill you live in the real world you don't know squat.

You also proved you don't know squat by thinking southerners dont know anything about politics.

Your also don't know squat because you think were red necks. Uh no rednecks only drive fords and Chevys :P

You also think somehow think someone is supposed to give you a truck for next to nothing, this isn't the government make believe bs, this is real life.

And you think Country folk don't care about politics?

Do us a favor forget what you think you know about politics you were obviously taught by ones leading in the wrong direction. If country (right) folk were so stupid look at the bankrupt states and look at where the country folk live.

POINT PROVEN
If you cannot read my threads properly then you certainly have along way to go for politics. Let's clarify what I was really asking regarding the payments thread:

1.) Buyer and seller negotiate a deal via a "mutual contract" where the seller agrees to receive a specified number of payments for the specified vehicle

2.) . Contract states that seller agrees to HOLD the vehicle in sellers posseion and not sell it to any other persons, until all payments are received as agreed in contract.

3.) Seller HOLDS ONTO DISCO UNTIL BUYER HAS MADE ALL PAYMENTS AS AGREED IN A NOTORIZED CONTRACT.

4.) Upon final payment from buyer, seller agrees to hand over a clean title and the full ownership of the vehicle.

I did make another proposal but this one stated was the man plan I was shooting for. If you find that holding onto your vehicle and receiving monthly payments is "bending over backwards" than really I have no pity for you. This deal if ever it went through would be a RISK on my end no doubt, but I'm willing to deal because that's how I'm. Read the entire thread before you try to insult me or anyone else on this sight!

Old 05-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Lol redness, hillbilly, ricer, countryboy, city dweller, democrat, republican ... Goth lol I don't care who you are. We all fall under something, but who cares. Land Rover may be the only thing we have in common but let it be enjoyable nevertheless. As I said before I'm not selling the rig anymore. I'm getting the work done and I'm happy so deal with it. Now let's get back to the rover world.

On a second note I just spent $56 for 8 propshaft nuts and bolts from roversnorth! Way to much when I found another set new on ebay/au for $23 after shipping. The said part is... Roversnorth is about a 3 hour drive from my home! But at the very least I can finally install my new propshaft- once the nuts and bolts come in the mail.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

get the damn thing straight, nothing worse than a disco that needs work..

Too bad they all do!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

get the damn thing straight, nothing worse than a disco that needs work..

Too bad they all do!
On one hand I agree with you. They all need work. But on the other hand a lot of the needed work cannot always be blamed on the vehicle or the manufacturer, rather the previous owners! As is the case with my Disco. I bought it cheap and local not knowing the extended list of repairs needed from the start. Had the owner kept up with basic servicing (alignments, Tuneup, tires, and small things like replacing hoses and fuel lines) then my disco would not be half as bad. But instead the guy let the oil go bad, ignored the spark plugs, wires and filters. Ignored the needed tires and needed body panel work. Rather he spent around $1000 on the lift kit and hid headlights then eventually realized that he was in far over his head! Can't say I haven't felt like that, hints why I went through my give up sell stage, but that phase passed and the work list is finally shrinking!
On a final note I enjoy working on my rover. Gives me something to do, very educational, entertaining and most of all its frustrating as hell! But that's why we still own our rovers right? Their bad on gas, always need to be worked on, and they are expensive- woudent have it any other way.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:06 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm....bad gas, always need work, expensive....sounds like my wife describing me...

Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shadow you really are doing yourself a disservice by starting so many threads, for example this thread is about you keeping your rover, but half way through you randomly mention that you paid 56 buck for some nuts and bolts, this tread should have been "my drive shaft didn't come with bolts where should I get them?", see the diff. We could help you with the bolts, there really is no point to stating you are keeping your rover.