Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

My experience with 32" tires and stock gearing

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:29 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running 32" on my 95 disco with a 5" lift for over 4 years now. I wheel HARD! and go every weekend! and have not once had a single issue with the stock gearing/axles... this guy akdisco must of been careless when going out... or at least never been out wheeling before! anyways 32" are perfect! like what was said above gearing is great... This truck was built for torque not speed, just keep that in mind. oh and land rovers are luxury vehicles, not some redneck Chevy mobile!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Mudding

Wow, thought I'd just say that I NEVER said anything wrong about 32's on a Disco......................I never said 32's caused gearing issues or breakage issues, it wasnt even my thread. I only said that they are NOT designed to handle 33"+ tires and up adequetely like OTHER brands of Production trucks are capable of. I dont even care about that, however saying I have never wheeled before kinda torqued me. Maybe your version of "wheeling hard" is getting the kids to cub scout camp in time for Smores. My version makes your version its bitc*. Anyway, I OWN a Disco and know what they are for and I Know they are luxury, however having power windows, heated seats, A/C, power seats etc etc DOESNT HELP YOU ONE BIT when your stuck. So enjoy watching me pull your as* out OR just drive around your as* in my "Chevy Redneck" mobile. I love my Disco, but I'm not ignorant enough to completely snub off other vehices and there capabilitys. Your the kinda guy to get stuck, then let a Chevy/Ford/Toyota whatever pull you out and then not even say thanks because your to proud that your beloved LAND ROVER got stuck and would hate to admit that. By the way, if you havnt got stuck OR ever Broken anything then your still in the Minor leagues. Then again its all about what your into, not everyone needs to go break **** to have fun.

Last edited by AKdisco; 03-25-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Mudding

This isnt me saying "I can **** farther than you" but really?. I Love my Disco and they are impressive off-road and I will defend a Land Rover to the end, but do you really think your disco on 32's and 5" of lift or even a Disco on 35's could follow me in my blazer...1 tons, 42" swampers, Locked front and rear, Granny geared tranny, 350Hp??. I do not care how fanantical of a LR owner you are AND I RESPECT that but the answer is NO YOU WILL NOT, ask me how I know.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:09 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I could follow in my Argo...

Old 03-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A time out from the pissing contest please. The base measurement of a vehicle is how it performs in stock configuration and if it is reliable (original post). Certainly any vehicle modified to the hilt will outperform a stock LR. So will an $80,000 H1. The point is that a well maintained LR Disco II is a unique and competant and reliable 4x4.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I've been running 7.50x16's (32") for about 10 years.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
I could follow in my Argo...
YES you could and then some!!

Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by thospb
A time out from the pissing contest please. The base measurement of a vehicle is how it performs in stock configuration and if it is reliable (original post). Certainly any vehicle modified to the hilt will outperform a stock LR. So will an $80,000 H1. The point is that a well maintained LR Disco II is a unique and competant and reliable 4x4.
you are completely right. If my blazer was stock it would get eaten up by my Stock Rover. I was merely trying to get the point to the other guy that I do wheel and wheel hard. I have wheeled in and been with just about anykind of different rig you can imagine.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by thospb

Your totally right. A stock rover would drive around a stock Blazer. The other guy just pissed me off saying that I have never wheeled before and that I must be an idiot.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I forgot to mention, my 32" tires are run with stock gearing.

As for Land Rover not thinking about bigger tires:

36" from the factory.

Quick Reply: My experience with 32" tires and stock gearing