Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Next Project..

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Next Project..

Took all the carpet out this weekend. Nasty I might add. This is what the boot looks like. Front wheel wells are pretty bad too.

Email & IM Direct Link HTML Code IMG Code

Name:  IMG_1397.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  128.0 KB

Last edited by twoxred; 10-10-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch! That is like stage 2 disco cancer. It can certainly metastasize. You better get to cleaning it up and sealing it off or replacing the rusted parts or you may lose the truck. Sorry to see it is so bad. Good luck with it. (And I meant no offense to anyone who has had to personally deal with cancer.)

Old 10-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Mudding

Yes Discomedic thanks. Going to cut it out and replace with aluminum sheet I think in the next few weeks. As much as possible anyway. To bad really as mechanically it's running really well for that last few thousand miles.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Yeah thats definatly looking a little rough back there

Old 10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twoxred
Yes Discomedic thanks. Going to cut it out and replace with aluminum sheet I think in the next few weeks. As much as possible anyway. To bad really as mechanically it's running really well for that last few thousand miles.
Figures... you have one rusting out but running good, I have one not running with no rust....

Old 10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Mudding

Here might be the real problem.. See this pic. Even if I can replace most of the rust with new sheet any idea how to fix this problem? I think most of the cross beams are decent, but half of the rear bumper beam is shot. The interior that is. The exterior is "fine". If that's not clear the problem should be in the photo. Thanks.

Name:  IMG_1399.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  65.2 KB

Old 10-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine is not nearly that bad. But did you look at the one where the guy in Canada is replacing a great deal of his Disco with panels and such from a Trooper. I forget the title of the thread.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Mine is not nearly that bad. But did you look at the one where the guy in Canada is replacing a great deal of his Disco with panels and such from a Trooper. I forget the title of the thread.
yes, armandhammer I believe. has skills I just don't.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is exactly the reason i bought my disco out here in cali before i move back to the midwest. good luck with repairs.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Mudding

Yeah live and learn. Bought it for nothing so not the end of the world. Best I can tell it spent most of it's life in Indiana. I figure I can take the tires and OME springs back off as well as the brush guard and other cool stuff and just start over. Figure I've got about a year left structurally. Stinks as it I replaced most of the coolant system up front, replaced the dash plastic, fixed the windows, installed a new gear shift, unstuck the cdl so it's running really well now. Think I'm just going to bolt and alluminum sheet over all that rot and just let it go. Maybe bolt a new beam onto the inside of the rear bumper and drive it till it falls apart.

Quick Reply: Next Project..