Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Odd steering wobbles and truck pulling left.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

I had the same problem with my disco ii and though my tires had less than 3000 miles on them, they had sat for several years. They looked new, but it was the tires.

My new ones were so expensive I'm not sure whether to hope that solution for you.

I was able to figure that out by swapping my buddy's tires from his Rover to mine. Good buddy.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:57 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

So it's been a week since getting the truck back, and I wanted to post back what my issue was.

Like Charlie said, it was the tires....

My Disco sat for almost a year and a half before I bought it. The tires LOOKED okay, but they weren't. The front driver's side tire was worn unevenly and was causing all my issues. My local indie Volvo mechanic replaced all four tires at an extremely reasonable rate (the rear tires showed signs of dry rot.) After that, she runs very nicely. A lot less noise coming from the drive train as well, since the strain is now, once again, evenly distributed amongst all four tires.

Thanks for all the suggestions gents!

Old 02-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout
Hi all,

So it's been a week since getting the truck back, and I wanted to post back what my issue was.

Like Charlie said, it was the tires....

My Disco sat for almost a year and a half before I bought it. The tires LOOKED okay, but they weren't. The front driver's side tire was worn unevenly and was causing all my issues. My local indie Volvo mechanic replaced all four tires at an extremely reasonable rate (the rear tires showed signs of dry rot.) After that, she runs very nicely. A lot less noise coming from the drive train as well, since the strain is now, once again, evenly distributed amongst all four tires.

Thanks for all the suggestions gents!
Congrats; glad you solved it. Tires are sure an easy fix. Unfortunately they are an expensive one