Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Passneger side water leak 1995 Discovery I

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Water Ingress Manual.

Land Rover Discovery Water Ingress Manual
So you've got your Land Rover Discovery and you have found a water leak into the vehicle; Welcome to Land Rover Ownership!! Very soon after buying my Discovery, which is my first Land Rover, I was told that if it doesn't leak then its not a Land Rover.

After finding water in the rear loadspace I was more than a little annoyed that this expensive vehicle could be leaking. I posted a question to the LRE Forum and received many helpful replies which served to educate me that such faults are indeed just another part of the characteristics of Land Rover Ownership, something that I have come to accept.

It became apparent that every Discovery leaks from somewhere, it is just a question of in how many places!! Below are the LR 'fix sheets' for the water ingress into the Discovery. I followed the sheets and have cured the water ingress into the rear loadspace, which was the only problem area on my vehicle. I have since discovered a leak into the front passenger footwell, although only onto the mat and only when I wash the vehicle. Obviously that is my mistake; washing it!!

Old 06-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Danny. I didn't see anywhere on the diagrams that show a possible leak in the front excel the one with the windshield, yet that is the top of the windshield.
**UPDATE**
I fabracated a piece of metal that covers the air intake for the cabin. It is open on the sides so air is still able to get in. I used epoxy that gorilla glue makes to hold it down. I plan on silicon caulking it once the glue dries. If this doesn't work, then I'm parting it out and buying another!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have made a shield to cover the Air intake for the cabin. It seems so far to keep water out. I have also removed the passenger fender and silicone caulked it! I caulked every crack, hole, seam, and "iffy spot" I could find on it. I will post pictures later.
NOTE: The heater core O rings are a weird size, circular size they can be matched. However, the girth wise they can't. *At least everywhere I went didn't have them* They are $11.00 at the stealership! The reason why they have to be a specific girth is because of the way the clamp holds the heater core to the pipe.