Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Payments for your extra Rover anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Payments for your extra Rover anyone?

I would like to do "personal financing" for a good conditioned Land Rover Discovery Series I or Series II. Havent had much luck with dealers as I do not have much money saved up yet, but I have a full time job and collaterale to put down for the right Disco. More than willing to meet in person prior to any dealings, and can provide "SOME" personal documentaion "IN PERSON"as would be in any case with dealerships: Pay stubs, drivers license, piece of mail or bill which shows my physical/mailing address etc. Contract would be ideal but not a requirement. Willing to negoitate arragments:
A.) You hold the Discovery until Ive made all payments and the vehicle is paid in full.
B.) I hold the Discovery, you hold the title and my collateral, and we sign contract with wittness.
Im even willing to pay for car insurance for the vehicle depending on how arrangements are made.
Discovery needs be presentable and not "NEGLECTED!!!" does not have to be perfect though. Do not mind if the Disco needs "SOME" work but no major stuff and no long list of needed repairs. Interior and exterior body panels matter alot to me, again has to look presentable. So long as it is in "GOOD" condition then I do not really care about the miles!
Email: our-mother-europa@hotmail.com
Cell: 603 381 1184

Last edited by ShadowMerchantBC; 04-02-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Updated information
Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would try to get a hold of Ed, he is in NY and I think he has bought a couple of them. his main disco is a D2 so he is usually on the d2 forum but he pokes his head in here quite a bit. anyways his user name is hilltoppersx

Old 03-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Banned

Hm ill check him out.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Alright I found his profile and sent him a message so we will see what happens. Thanks again for your input. Also in case anybody is wondering, collateral can be arranged.

Items at the top of my head that can be put down as collateral are as follows:
1.) 98 Land Rover Discovery for parts or repair and resell. Your choice.
2.) Almost mint fully functional Play Station 2 slim. Silver. Comes with original box and all manuals and controller.
3.) Several PS2 video games.
4.) New PC video games. Fallout 3, Need for Speed prostreet, Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight.
5.) 60+ DvD's. Used. Horror, drama, sci fi, action, historical, etc.
6.) Possibly a used fully functional AK-47 Semi automatic assault rifle!
7.) CA pc/laptop speaker system (2 speakers + amplifier)
Etc I'm pretty flexible and more then willing to negotiate something that will make us both happy so please consider my offer and present something that I can truly earn!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned

Down payments no problem either.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:09 AM
Rock Crawling

I'm failing to see the point here dude. To get a decent Disco, you're really only looking at $3-$4K. Just start saving money. And in the meantime, sell the 98 that you're willing to give up as collateral, put that cash in your pot and start shopping for your next (better) Disco. Not only are you going to have a tough time finding someone to do this sort of deal with you, you're selling yourself short as the buyer in the deal. Most people, if selling a car for say, $3500, will take $3000 if you offer them a wad of cash. Say something like, "I'll give you $3000 in cash, right now. Take it or leave it." Most people will take it. Cash gives you great leverage as the buyer, and the time it will take you to save that amount of money (shouldn't be long) will give you time to shop, maybe test drive a few that you have no actual intention of buying (call it research), and find the deal that's best for you.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Chuck, Hush your mouth man. If he wants to give someone all of that collateral for their rig as a down payment and pay large amounts bi-weekly while they hold on to it until it is paid for, what is the problem????

I was thinking about offering him a deal on my extra fine, immaculate body paneled 1997 Discovery SE that just need slight a little more work on it. If he has the money to put a rediculously large down payment to seal the deal, I'll let him drag out the payments over an extended time frame while I continue to hold onto the Discovery.....................

Actually if he quit buying game systems and movie DVD's he could probably buy two or three Discoveries fairly easily. Those 60 movies probably cost at least one to two grand and they must be worth at least 50 to 60 dollars now.

And that PS3 was maybe 200-300 or so at it is probably worth at least 30 now.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Rock Crawling

^

See what I mean dude? He's got ALL the leverage!

Sorry, Danny. Didn't realize you were trying to work the deal.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned

If only everything could be "assumed"

In reality my dear Rover friends, the "PS2" was purchased over 2 years ago, and the dvd's were purchased throughout my teen years! Decided to dig them out of storage and either sell them or use them along with other things as collateral! Besides Im pretty sure the total costy I paid for the PS2 and dvds does not come close to the total cost you guys waste on booze, tobacco, drugs and ****! Not to mention your wife and children!

Now perhaps if all my current earnings were not being sucked into a negleted rig, Id have more money to throw into the pot for 2 Discos! But life is always that easy isent it?

Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ShadowMerchantBC
...total cost you guys waste on booze, tobacco, drugs and ****! Not to mention your wife and children!
What was that you said about making assumptions?

You can take this BS somewhere else, dude. Maybe D-Web would enjoy your participation.

Quick Reply: Payments for your extra Rover anyone?