Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Pics of Treadwright Crawler M/T's 235/85

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pics of Treadwright Crawler M/T's 235/85

Maybe these pics will help someone else when shopping tires...thanks to Street Wolf for posting pics of these on his D2 because I was struggling to buy them based off of Treadwright's stock photo alone.

Info: these 235/85/16's are 32" tall. I've got a OME 2" (really 1.75ish) lift and needed the "camel cut" to stuff (done horribly but will clean up soon) and obviously have trimmed the front bumper - all necessary to clear tires AND have flexibility for off-road IMO.

The spare fit with a whole 1/4in to spare! Only slight rubbing at full lock so I will have to adjust the steering stops but haven't rubbed during daily use.

1st week review: was surprised at the minimal road noise, this is my daily driver and there's a slight hum to them, but I have to listen for it with the radio off. I was expecting much more of a mud tire road noise, but pleasantly surprised.

Attached Thumbnails Pics of Treadwright Crawler M/T's 235/85-wholetruck.jpg   Pics of Treadwright Crawler M/T's 235/85-frontspacing.jpg   Pics of Treadwright Crawler M/T's 235/85-rearcamelcut.jpg   Pics of Treadwright Crawler M/T's 235/85-lowtreadshot.jpg   Pics of Treadwright Crawler M/T's 235/85-sparefits.jpg  

Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely look better in your pics than treadwrights. Glad to see the post, I just ordered these, same size and all. Also glad to here the spare fit. Thanks

Old 03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

NOW you can follow me across the rivers in Richloam... I'll go first and have the straps ready.

Next time I'll go the left and not stop in the middle of the river for my afternoon swim.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Cosmic88
NOW you can follow me across the rivers in Richloam... I'll go first and have the straps ready.

Next time I'll go the left and not stop in the middle of the river for my afternoon swim.
Challenge Accepted! lol, yeah, no more stopping in the middle of a deep swim for some introspection!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoIIBrandon
Maybe these pics will help someone else when shopping tires...
Showoff!

Looks really, really ballsy bro.

-So the cut was only in the rear huh. Not bad. Sure you can touch it up.
-Also man, your black painted wheels look great and I like how you keep the solids natural...altho that's probably the way we're doing it.
-You're making me rething going 245/75/16...although I can't touch the BFG's.

Have fun man!

And I trust you more cuz you say you don't know anything. It's the know-it-alls that freak me out.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks, responses below.

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
Showoff!

Looks really, really ballsy bro.

-So the cut was only in the rear huh. Not bad. Sure you can touch it up.
Yeah, just two little cuts and a bend...but it was the bending part that I screwed!
-Also man, your black painted wheels look great and I like how you keep the solids natural...altho that's probably the way we're doing it.
Why thank you...quick sand block, rattle can of auto primer and then rattle can flat black (think I did high-temp stuff or something durable) they've held up great for a year and I can always rattle some touch up!
-You're making me rething going 245/75/16...although I can't touch the BFG's.
Good, glad I have you thinking. You can request what brand casings you want when ordering, FYI.
Have fun man!

And I trust you more cuz you say you don't know anything. It's the know-it-alls that freak me out.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

What will give you even more traction with those tires is to sipe the 2 inner ribs, this will great improve water, snow, ice and wet slick rock crossings.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks pretty bad *** :P

Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So where did you get them and how much were they?

So I am guessing those are retreads?

They do look good. The 235 width with the extra height can be much better than a wider track in some applications. Does it increase the ground clearance for the diff's?

They do look good. Are those the solid lug nuts from an earlier RR?

Old 03-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Rock Crawling

Answers in red.
Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
So where did you get them and how much were they?
Treadwright.com, $108/ea plus shipping
So I am guessing those are retreads?
Yes, retreads.
They do look good. The 235 width with the extra height can be much better than a wider track in some applications. Does it increase the ground clearance for the diff's?
I agree, I personally like the skinnier/taller tire on Rovers - I feel they look more "proper".
I've gained 1.5" of diff clearance since these are 32" tall and stock is 29" I believe.

They do look good. Are those the solid lug nuts from an earlier RR?
Thanks, and no those are stock lugs with caps.

Last edited by DiscoIIBrandon; 03-21-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Pics of Treadwright Crawler M/T's 235/85