Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Pics of Treadwright Crawler M/T's 235/85

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DIIB, those look rad. I almost wish I had gone for the Treadwright Crawler rather than my KM2s, but it's a sunk cost now. Your D1 is really shaping up to be a nice rig, but then again, I'm biased in favor of OMEs and 235/85 muds; I get to pat myself on the back when I see a similar rig.

If you weren't clear across the country I'd say let's wheel some time, I'm really getting the itch. Bumper's done, just waiting on powder coating. The local closure (for wildlife migration) on my favorite area is lifted April 1, couldn't come soon enough!

Your Camel cut is a bit more extreme than mine, but I think it looks fine. Hardly noticeable on a dark-colored rig. Here's mine, I only went back like 1.5" at the bottom, but it hasn't snagged since:

Last edited by Mountain Goat; 03-22-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Adding a picture
Old 03-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very cool. I love seeing what your doing to the truck. Glad I sold it to someone that loves them as much as I do.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Happy buyer too

Originally Posted by ngarover
Very cool. I love seeing what your doing to the truck. Glad I sold it to someone that loves them as much as I do.
Glad to see you are coming back to the family! My .02: diesel it!

And you sold me a good truck, I've needed to do very little since buying it aside from the fun stuff. Finally got a replacement hood and attended to the rust.

Heck, once you're bored with your 5-speed Disco Diesel call me first!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Goat
DIIB, those look rad. I almost wish I had gone for the Treadwright Crawler rather than my KM2s, but it's a sunk cost now. Your D1 is really shaping up to be a nice rig, but then again, I'm biased in favor of OMEs and 235/85 muds; I get to pat myself on the back when I see a similar rig.

If you weren't clear across the country I'd say let's wheel some time, I'm really getting the itch. Bumper's done, just waiting on powder coating. The local closure (for wildlife migration) on my favorite area is lifted April 1, couldn't come soon enough!

Your Camel cut is a bit more extreme than mine, but I think it looks fine. Hardly noticeable on a dark-colored rig. Here's mine, I only went back like 1.5" at the bottom, but it hasn't snagged since:
Thanks, and yes you can take some credit too for assuring about the tire size! Dang country is a bit big for cross-country gathering...nice work on the bumper, I'm jealous and excited to see powder coated and installed.

My camel cut is extreme both in cut AND appearance! lol Hopefully I'll get it properly fitted and tidy soon. Maybe this weekend.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have treadwrights as well...great tire...over 15k miles and even wear