Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Rear wiper length?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
but everything Euro is so trendy. I just remembered i dont have the bosch blades on the front of my disco they are on my ford. i have the Silblades on my disco. I have had them for about a year now and they work great I do wipe the silcone clean once a month.
The whole purpose of the "Euro" blade is to hold the wiper to the glass while driving, thats why that air dam is on it, why do you need that air dam on the rear window?
Do you drive that fast in reverse?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Baja
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

are you one of those slow reversers?i can get up to 35 in a single reverse. and sometimes ill just hold that reverse to the parking lot stop sign....

in all seriousness i like the way they (euro) give even pressure and the fact that they are silicone. I have had really good luck with the two pairs as far as streaks and durability. the bosch i have works really well. the silblades work well to but they tend to get noisy. could be my windshield has loads of pits in it...

Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up trico neoforms come in 14"

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
HAHA i love the rear wiper! only problem is i can't find a Bosch Icon in a 14" ...might hav eto go with something different.
The trico neoform beam wiper blade is the only euro that comes in 14". You also may want to try them on the front too - I switched from icons quite a while ago and saved a small fortune over time.

1999 Land Rover Discovery Wiper Blade Options (14" on rear)

Old 11-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Dont waste your money on a "Euro" blade for the rear, buy a cheap one for $6 and change it every 6 months.

I get Consumer Reports magazine and they did a review on wiper blades, they say to change your wiper blades every 6 months no matter what and that they all performed the same, every thing from the $6 blade to the $25 blade all worked and lasted the same or close to it.
Personally I use the Triple Edge blade front and rear.
I read this same thing and believed it for a while, but not any longer. In my experience the rain-x latitude [10$ on amazon [i get free shipping]] and bosh icons last WAY longer. And give a complete wipe, absolutely NO streaking.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
I read this same thing and believed it for a while, but not any longer. In my experience the rain-x latitude [10$ on amazon [i get free shipping]] and bosh icons last WAY longer. And give a complete wipe, absolutely NO streaking.
I used those on my work van and they iced over so bad in the winter that I literally had to stop every 5 miles when on the expressway to clear them off.
They have little holes along the entire blade between the rubber and the plastic and water goes through there and then freezes.
I had to clean them every 20 stop or so and every 5 miles on the expressway.
Went back to "cheap" wiper blades and no problem.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
I used those on my work van and they iced over so bad in the winter that I literally had to stop every 5 miles when on the expressway to clear them off.
They have little holes along the entire blade between the rubber and the plastic and water goes through there and then freezes.
I had to clean them every 20 stop or so and every 5 miles on the expressway.
Went back to "cheap" wiper blades and no problem.
what does this word "ice" mean? I have never encountered it

Old 11-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont wanna sound like a noob..but activating the wipers on the front is a chore in itself...

Old 11-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Really guys? Almost three whole pages worth on wipers....
I'm astonished as to how important wipers are to some people.
My contribution to this is...RAIN X!
You don't even need wipers in light rain with this stuff. That rain beads right off. And you know what else??? You don't get those nasty looking wiper outlines on the outsides of your window. FRESH!
Also, why do you need to replace your wiper arms?

Old 11-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by losinov
Also, why do you need to replace your wiper arms?
On a DII you have 2 choices for wiper blades because of the funky attachment on the end of the arm.
You can go to the dealer and buy OEM blades or buy Sillblades.
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/7503SILK.cfm
Just imagine what they cost at the dealer.

If you put DI wiper arms on your DII (direct fit) you can buy your wiper blades anywhere, AutoZone, Wal-Mart, Joe's Crab Shack and Auto Repair...and you dont have to order them online.

Some people think you have to go broke buying parts for your Rover because Rovers are "special", $10 per qt motor oil, $15 per qt gear lube, $20 per wiper blade...each to their own.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Baja
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

joe's crab shack has a delicious bucket of D1 wiper blades.

Quick Reply: Rear wiper length?