Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Removing front antirollbar

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 08:06 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing front antirollbar

Currently i`m driving without a rear anti roll bar.. and there's not much difference for the road.. but of corse its for the offroad. i`m thinking of removing the front one too for better offroading capability. what are you guys suggesting? will it be a big trouble in the roads?

Old 01-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

It depends on your shocks. If your shocks are bad or have a low rate of damping, it will roll badly, but it will also pitch and dive badly for which the anti roll bar won't help. If you have firm shocks with a higher rate of compression damping, you won't notice the bars are missing at all. Range Rovers came without anti-roll bars for many years. It was only because they wanted to soften the shocks that they added them. The anti-roll bars are barely effective. The ACE system on the DII is what it really takes to get it to handle better than a truck. That or the independent suspension they ended up with.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

I believe most of us with lifts removed them , once you lift they are nfg and in the way

Old 01-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by binvanna
It depends on your shocks.
No, it really doesn't. It depends on your springs. body roll is a slow thing, relatively speaking, and shocks are designed for damping out the rapid unwanted oscillation of the springs that occur after the initial bump or depression is encountered. The reason guys can take sways off after they lift is that almost always the lift springs have a much higher spring coefficient than the stocks did; they are "stiffer". Now go read up on Hooke's law and spring damping, and stop answering questions that you don't understand. Dude is looking for help.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:48 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geek_IM
No, it really doesn't. It depends on your springs. body roll is a slow thing, relatively speaking, and shocks are designed for damping out the rapid unwanted oscillation of the springs that occur after the initial bump or depression is encountered. The reason guys can take sways off after they lift is that almost always the lift springs have a much higher spring coefficient than the stocks did; they are "stiffer". Now go read up on Hooke's law and spring damping, and stop answering questions that you don't understand. Dude is looking for help.
thank you very much! he just wanted to help

Old 01-31-2016, 02:00 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by geek_IM
Eh now, cut em some slack, never been with a real woman before either..... still has no clue how IT works.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Eh now, cut em some slack, never been with a real woman before either..... still has no clue how IT works.

LOL!......and just when you think you do know, it changes.