Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Schrader Valve Alert

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
The point is the damn thing turned into a flowing gusher upon being probed. I dealt with it and just wanted to pass the info along to other's on here. If you want to ignore it, that's up to you. I am not complaining or criticizing anyone. If you used a tire gauge successfully, that's fine. And if you would only use an approved fuel system guage, that's fine too.

Make of it what you will. I believe it was degraded from (1) Age (2) additional exposure to the under the hood atmosphere since the cap was missing long term. I think it is wise to have a spare on hand knowing what I now know. How to know exactly which insert came as original equipment, I have no idea. Will a standard tire valve suffice? I will find out I guess.

The schrader site even says it's the same body with a variety of interchangable inserts based upon the application.

So leave the dead horse be. I would hate for someone to report us to the ASPCA.
Trust me, I didn't take any of you're posts as criticizing. I think my point woulda been better relayed as- "there is more than one way to skin a cat" for the people saying it is foolish to try alternate diagnostic methods.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK Peace out on the fuel valve.