Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Got my money from the state($600) cause she failed emissions test. She's at the shop now. Hope it wont cost over 800 to fix, that means I only have to pay 200.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
Got my 25" brake lines in the mail today! Got them from www.paragonperformance.com They're braided SS and you can choose what color you want the PVC jacket to be. I went with Smoke. A quick comparison on my truck and it looks like they're about 5-6" longer than my +2" Goodridge lines.
No more brake line limiting strap.

Mine came too! Very nice

Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keoni004
Hells yeah! Please tell me you took pictures while modifying the center dash. I miss my old AVIC-Z120 and my aftermarket HU is dying.
No, Unfortunately I didn't.

There's not really a lot that pictures would show.

I used a dremel tool with the fiberglass cutoff wheel.

I cut out the section from the bottom of the radio down to the top of the slide out cut holder, cutting right down the front center of the front vertical pieces. I cut off the slide out ash tray part, and glued in pieces of plastic to reglue the climate control opening to.

I fit in the double DIN cage, and glued the climate control section back in place at the bottom of the DIN opening.

I used body filler to fill in the sections that were left open by the move and spray painted it black.

Bingo!

Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before ^^^^

After^^^^

I finally fixed the lights after the "Lake Incident" thanks to LRChick and Robert!

Old 03-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by greenharoguy

Before ^^^^

After^^^^

I finally fixed the lights after the "Lake Incident" thanks to LRChick and Robert!
Egads dude. Why?????
Why did you paint the grill neon green? That just screams "I'm 16, pull me over!!!". And its ugly as hell.
And what's the deal with that bumper? Do you have a body lift? Maybe you can adjust or redrill the bumper mounting brackets to move it up some?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, greenharoguy does have in his own words giraffe print headliner, so the neon green grille is almost subtle in comparison, no?

Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Egads dude. Why?????
Why did you paint the grill neon green?
based on his name, I assume it matches his bmx bike?

Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Rock Crawling

Whoa whoa whoa guys, why all the hate? Haha, no, I was expecting to get beaten up for the grill, but thats fine. The story goes like this: I pissed the girlfriend off a couple weeks ago, and that night I left the grill in the garage, the same garage she was painting one of her projects in. I came out the next morning and it was already put back onto the truck, and it was green. Havent fixed it yet. Simple as that, and because of my laziness, I deserve the flack for it I suppose. I was planning on fixing it once I got the new light, but you all can see that obviously didnt happen. It was just too cold! At least she only painted the black part and not the entire thing. And the was thoughtful enough to even tape over the Land Rover logo.

As for the bumper, it came off a D90 so it doesn't line up correctly, and its just been to cold for me to fix it yet. The night I got it, I decided to put it on, got it mounted and decided that it looked better like that, then putting the stock bumper back on. Already have an idea of how its going to be moved up, but I am waiting till its either 70 degrees or up because I am a puss, and really dont feel like spending a couple hours outside in freezing temperatures for something that nobody would notice except for other Land Rover guys.

And I have used this screen name for literally years. The Haro bit the dust 5 years ago. Im onto a bright blue Haro now. Hahaha

As for the headliner, if you are seriously going to sit here and tell me that a giraffe print headliner isnt fitting for a Land Rover, I dont even know where to begin..... And I am not the first to go for it either. There have been plenty of folks on this forum who have them. Search.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by greenharoguy
Whoa whoa whoa guys, why all the hate? Haha, no, I was expecting to get beaten up for the grill, but thats fine. The story goes like this: I pissed the girlfriend off a couple weeks ago, and that night I left the grill in the garage, the same garage she was painting one of her projects in. I came out the next morning and it was already put back onto the truck, and it was green. Havent fixed it yet. Simple as that, and because of my laziness, I deserve the flack for it I suppose. I was planning on fixing it once I got the new light, but you all can see that obviously didnt happen. It was just too cold! At least she only painted the black part and not the entire thing. And the was thoughtful enough to even tape over the Land Rover logo.

As for the bumper, it came off a D90 so it doesn't line up correctly, and its just been to cold for me to fix it yet. The night I got it, I decided to put it on, got it mounted and decided that it looked better like that, then putting the stock bumper back on. Already have an idea of how its going to be moved up, but I am waiting till its either 70 degrees or up because I am a puss, and really dont feel like spending a couple hours outside in freezing temperatures for something that nobody would notice except for other Land Rover guys.

And I have used this screen name for literally years. The Haro bit the dust 5 years ago. Im onto a bright blue Haro now. Hahaha

As for the headliner, if you are seriously going to sit here and tell me that a giraffe print headliner isnt fitting for a Land Rover, I dont even know where to begin..... And I am not the first to go for it either. There have been plenty of folks on this forum who have them. Search.
You sure about that story? Looks like she got your diff guard too.
If true she sounds like the kind of girl that'll cut your ***** off in your sleep.
The worst my now wife did was put shoe polish on my car windows when I broke up with her best friend.

Glad you've got s plan for that bumper, too.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Mudding

You sure about that story? Looks like she got your diff guard too.
If true she sounds like the kind of girl that'll cut your ***** off in your sleep.
The worst my now wife did was put shoe polish on my car windows when I broke up with her best friend.

Glad you've got s plan for that bumper, too.
Funny s*** my ex was blaming me for his tires being slashed on a weekly basis. Like I had time, plus he never realized it might of been one of the other two chicks he was seeing or just people that disliked him. Ha ha ha ha.

greenharoguy I am glad that the blinker unit worked out for you, it looks good! I know you are getting crap for the green grill but its my favorite color it's awesome. I don't think I would paint my truck that color, I do have a mountain bike that color though.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?