Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gprtech
Finally figured out why the previous owner described having a problem with the fuel pump. The pump was fine, but if you wiggle the harness, it goes on and off. Guess it's time to climb underneath again.
Mine did the same thing.

Thanks to Savannah I found the harness coupling above the rear tire was bad, One of the connections in the socket was burnt.

Easy Fix!

Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CUpgt
I bought another one! Oh lord what have I done! Gotta figure out which one I want to keep. Suspension and 33s will go on whichever rig I stay with. New one is a 94, no sunroofs, cloth manual seets, and 192k. Has a rebuilt motor but its fair share of small issues. Going to give it a good look over and tune up and go from there. Man im going to be busy.
Nice.

Be interesting to see if you can buff that hood out....or cover the scoop or whole hood in black vinyl or paint. No sunroofs sounds great. Hopefully no leaks or headliner and internal rust problems.....

Old 04-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by mlink
Hey Supersport,

It cost me $400 for both seats and worth every penny.
Can't express the joy of opening the door to my disco in the morning.
Cheers
Looks really really good. I just priced all different options and that is what I decided on as well. Except black vinyl. Price is about the same too.

I'm not going to do it now as I'm using the D2 for the daily but I envy your seats. Makes a huge difference huh.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Rock Crawling

Finally flew the white flag and took mine to the shop to get looked at this weekend. I'm bracing for the worst (head gaskets in addition to whatever is causing my power loss issue). Bye bye tax refund

Old 04-18-2013, 04:11 PM
7th Gear

I bought one

I bought a 1995 Discovery today with 195k on the clock it has new tires, new starter, new water pump, new head gasket, new battery and he just did the brakes, brake lines, plugs, and wires last year.

It was a daily driver until the registration expired. The body is clean with no visible rust and drives great. Can't wait to drive it home this Saturday. The seller was asking 1,850 talked him down to 1,400

Old 04-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
Nice.

Be interesting to see if you can buff that hood out....or cover the scoop or whole hood in black vinyl or paint. No sunroofs sounds great. Hopefully no leaks or headliner and internal rust problems.....
Has a few rust issues. Worst is a hole in the front corner of the driver floor and I have a feeling the head gaskets are toast. I haven't had enough time to really dig into it yet so only time will tell. If it is the head gaskets the locker and RTE slimline will go on the 98 and I will part the rest. I got a good deal on it so either way I'll be ok.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 95D1
I bought one

I bought a 1995 Discovery today with 195k on the clock it has new tires, new starter, new water pump, new head gasket, new battery and he just did the brakes, brake lines, plugs, and wires last year.

It was a daily driver until the registration expired. The body is clean with no visible rust and drives great. Can't wait to drive it home this Saturday. The seller was asking 1,850 talked him down to 1,400
Cool, what color?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by keoni004
Finally flew the white flag and took mine to the shop to get looked at this weekend. I'm bracing for the worst (head gaskets in addition to whatever is causing my power loss issue). Bye bye tax refund
Head Gaskets are pretty easy. Will Tillery had a really good deal that included all the seals and bolts and a pair of remanned heads. That last part is really nice because it means you can knock it out in one day. Then just send yours back to him.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by fishEH
Head Gaskets are pretty easy. Will Tillery had a really good deal that included all the seals and bolts and a pair of remanned heads. That last part is really nice because it means you can knock it out in one day. Then just send yours back to him.
Thanks Fish! My rover mechanic is going to take a look to see what's going on and get back to me. I may buy the kit from Will and let him install (don't have the time these days and need the truck running again).

Old 04-18-2013, 10:42 PM
4wd Low
Default 98 discovery

2" lift last week, 255/85r16's on pro comp rock crawlers tomorrow

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?