Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D2 light swap. Traded for a six pack of good brew, can't beat it

Name:  null_zpsee07af5f.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  198.7 KB

Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by honda50r
D2 light swap. Traded for a six pack of good brew, can't beat it

I need to find some of those! They would look nice on a darker truck too!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Won't be on the Disco for a while but sealed the deal on a Richmond era RTE rear bumper with dual swing aways. One will carry up to a 35" tire and they other holds 2 jerry cans. Might see if I can fab a quick disconnect on the Jerry can holder so I can remove it and mount a cooler to it.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Three Wheeling

Broke down over the weekend and paid Firestone to do a flush, backflush on the heater core and refill. I've had gurgling for the past few months after replacing the thermostat & water pump and couldn't bleed the system.

Planning on heading up to Spring Creek (near Downieville) in a few weeks to re-try that trail...but first I need to do the Camel cut & install my cb.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Three Wheeling

Installed head gaskets, heads, pushrods and rockers.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by EricTyrrell
Strip tease..

Made custom RAM mount adapter for Ultragauge

Installed marine grade lighted compass

Installed RAM mount for phone

Got some parts..
You posted that you made a "custom" RAM mount adapter for the Ultra-Gauge. Does that mean that you ordered the RAM mount system (like for motorcycles) and then made a custom "adapter" yourself, or did you order the whole mount accessory set-up from RAM? Your installation looks a whole lot better than the Velcro that I ordered . Lol.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Patched the fuel vapor line, tightened spark plug (lil worried its stripped.... torqued it to spec but it still seemed loose), better than it being able to be loosened by hand .. seems to have fixed my cyl 8 missfire (imagine that lol) ..

Gonna drive to work tomorrow and see how it handles.

Lookin forward to a cruise with it again, shifting is smooth now that I adjusted the kickdown a bit more

Old 09-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Three Wheeling

Installed intake manifold, fuel rail and injectors, exhaust manifolds, right side rocker cover, and accessories.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed 2" wheel spacers. In the front to regain turning radius and in the back to match the front.

They're too big on 33's even with a 3" lift.

Charlie V

Old 09-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Mudding

Finally got some answers. Best answer...just drive it! YES!!! I'm at 192,136mi and back on track to post on the Forum's exclusive 200,000mi thread .

I'll update separate threads individually (and appreciate all the helpful advice ), but kinda tired now to post . But...

- Trouble code P0430 is due to faulty passenger side catalytic converter (related O2 sensors might be bad, might be able to re-use if not damaged). Not great news, but that cat is an original part, so it's gotten alot of mileage. I can't complain after 192,136mi, and don't need to replace/repair it til 2015 for emissions inspection, so I can just drive Discovery now, and worry about cost/solution later . Yes!

- Exhaust noise is loud. Prolly need resonator, muffler, & related pipe assemblies. Very costly parts, but...it's not hurting anyone or anything, so I can just drive Discovery now, and worry about cost/solution later . Yes!

- Serpentine belt and tensioner wearing out; that's likely why I'm hearing chirping noise, even at start-up and idle. Repair is preventative maintenance, but not urgent, so I can just drive Discovery now, and worry about cost/solution later . Yes!

I will get the repairs done b/c I love my Discovery. I just need to determine timing and where funds will best be spent. Alot of expensive parts ! But, I still get to drive it. Yea!!

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?