Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts
Old 06-27-2016, 08:01 AM
TReK
Received 438 Likes on 364 Posts

Installed OEM Fan clutch and new fan. Much more quiet than the Torqflo and seems to do a better job when temps get above 195.

Basic difference is the temp at which the clutch becomes more aggressive and spins the fan. Torqflo seems to engage more aggressively at a lower temp (180?) which is not needed.

Truck runs 185 - 195 w/ AC on and rises to 205 at idle. I'm pretty happy with all that. Will still flush rad sometime soon.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:29 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Those are good temps with a/c. Ironic my clutch just locked hard, installed a spare instead finding nobody had a comp in stock. With those numbers I'll get another OEM unit.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last Good Nerve!

Installed a re-manufactured ECU. Truck fired up nicely. Took her for a 50+/- run through the mountains. Ultraguage showed zero's on the open loop indicator the entire journey. Pulled into the driveway and turned the engine off. Immediately tried to restart it. No go! She'd turn over but not fire-up. So, the underlying problem has not been resolved. Me Sad!

Old 07-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 218 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by WaltNYC
Installed OEM Fan clutch and new fan. Much more quiet than the Torqflo and seems to do a better job when temps get above 195.

Basic difference is the temp at which the clutch becomes more aggressive and spins the fan. Torqflo seems to engage more aggressively at a lower temp (180?) which is not needed.

Truck runs 185 - 195 w/ AC on and rises to 205 at idle. I'm pretty happy with all that. Will still flush rad sometime soon.
Mines a TDI but also just fitted a new OEM viscous fan clutch but still get the occasional temp rise, got my spare rad in at the moment so my old rad has been sitting full of petrol for almost a week and i gave it good flush out with degreaser and hot water.
Got some crap out but does seem to be flowing ok so will swap it back in and get my spare rad properly cleaned/flushed and pressure tested and keep it ready for summer.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:56 AM
2nd Gear

Just a small tip most of you probably already know. Had a leaky rear diff... couple of pin ***** rusty holes at the top. Used Evo-Stik plumber's mait Evo-Stik Putty 50G | Departments | DIY at B&Q
Top job and worked brilliantly.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

Lexol'd the seats. Great product. Still have no idea how to solve the leaky sunroof issue in a reasonable way. This seems to be one of the major flaws of Discovery. I've seen loads of DI's that would be nice to have had it not been for interior water damage from the sunroof.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Drifting
Default Am Flummoxed, Bewildered and know hammer isn't req!

Pulled fuel pump and carefully took apart. Mech friend let me use his account at shops used to be drag racer oriented. Off to shop nearby and they "can only order 518usd pump assy." Talk to bud and go to shop near him to get same noise. He calls, splains and I go to shop next morning and a fuel pump. I should have taken pic so can tell which way white plastic holder attaches. The copper coloured strainer was through hole in holder and 2 half moon squooshy units came out. So, got pump on but fuel line too long is ok, can cut. Currently have pump in reservoir, strainer on with spacer (softish) resting on 2 1/8 moon molded places at bottom of res. White plastic not there. Anyone with picture of how parts stack? Took pics that don't show well on phone then blond moment landed and leery of cutting but don't want slack in larger fuel lines so compression, not that i'd land on tank, nose more likely, doesn't kink. All kinky stuff stays elsewhere

Old 07-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Marty_deux
Pulled fuel pump and carefully took apart. Mech friend let me use his account at shops used to be drag racer oriented. Off to shop nearby and they "can only order 518usd pump assy." Talk to bud and go to shop near him to get same noise. He calls, splains and I go to shop next morning and a fuel pump. I should have taken pic so can tell which way white plastic holder attaches. The copper coloured strainer was through hole in holder and 2 half moon squooshy units came out. So, got pump on but fuel line too long is ok, can cut. Currently have pump in reservoir, strainer on with spacer (softish) resting on 2 1/8 moon molded places at bottom of res. White plastic not there. Anyone with picture of how parts stack? Took pics that don't show well on phone then blond moment landed and leery of cutting but don't want slack in larger fuel lines so compression, not that i'd land on tank, nose more likely, doesn't kink. All kinky stuff stays elsewhere
Do you even English, bro?

Old 07-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MrValingo
Do you even English, bro?
What's there not to understand? He splained and said that he's not into kinky. End of story

Last edited by landlover_1; 07-10-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?