Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   So what did you do to your Disco today? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/so-what-did-you-do-your-disco-today-48479/)

CUpgt 12-31-2012 03:55 PM

Prob need to sync it with the truck. Check the rave

Hercu 01-02-2013 11:00 AM

Front Bumper Mod.

10 Attachment(s)
Long new years weekend and decided the Disco needs a new face. Ripped of the old front bumper and made new one.
Pics from start to end.Attachment 13383

Attachment 13384

Attachment 13385

Attachment 13386

Attachment 13387

Hercu 01-02-2013 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbybhoy67 (Post 366670)
Can anyone tell me why even with a new battery fitted in the fob , is my 2003 disco not unlocking . The key fob still has red light when you press it . This is my first Landrover

Hi Bobby

I had the problem with my Fob on my 79 TDi disco.
After a battery replacement it still did not work and I found the Micro Switch on the lock side on the fob was o.o.o due to the 2 mm circular domed copper plate collapsed and stayed down. This caused the truck to stay locked.
I have lifted the dome with a sharp object and replaced it with an old CD rom's micro switch dome.

Hope this is the problem with your's as well.

Hercu

slanginsanjuan 01-03-2013 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hercu (Post 367072)
Long new years weekend and decided the Disco needs a new face. Ripped of the old front bumper and made new one.

well that's not easy to tell what's going on there. it's a 02? the bumper in the first pic isnt original of course. and the bumper in the last pic looks to be from D1 and D2 parts? what did you do exactly.

i fished off mozambique once and all i got was mackerel. was a great trip tho and saw whales and dolphins while i looked around for a marlin.

Hercu 01-03-2013 10:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan (Post 367289)
well that's not easy to tell what's going on there. it's a 02? the bumper in the first pic isnt original of course. and the bumper in the last pic looks to be from D1 and D2 parts? what did you do exactly.

i fished off mozambique once and all i got was mackerel. was a great trip tho and saw whales and dolphins while i looked around for a marlin.

Hi Slang:

Yes, the site did not allow more than 5 pics.
It is a Disco 1 Tdi.
Used 150 x 40 x 3 mm Lipped channel. After bending, spraying and mounting used the original center piece and trimmed the sides on the corners.
The reason for this mod is to make a winch chamber that will be the next step.

Mozambigue fishing is good.
See pic of last trip. (Nov 2013)

Regards
Hercu

slanginsanjuan 01-04-2013 07:26 AM

that's a beautiful fish. from the beach too. like the long island blue/striper fishing we do. although you probably have the chance of a shark hitting your catch on the way in.

interesting that your D1 has plastic wheel fairings. i thought that was exclusive to the D2. so you put the plastic end caps back on your bumper.

txjag1023 01-04-2013 07:20 PM

I learned that getting in and out of a disco with a broken drivers door lock is no fun. Turns out the small black plastic part on the back of the lock split in two, thank goodness the alarm didn't arm as well when it did would have made it more fun. So am going to see about fabricating a set from aluminum and avoid the whole you have to buy the whole door handle pitch from the stealership again. Gotta love those lightweight plastics

CUpgt 01-06-2013 03:48 PM

Finally rebuilt my D2 shaft yesterday and installed it today

Scope 01-06-2013 04:09 PM

Just a simple tb cleaning and a not so simple antenna!

NZDisco1 01-06-2013 04:41 PM

Installed a new car stereo last week removed the stock head unit and CD changer and replaced it with a new Pioneer DEH-155MPG could not use the original wiring for the speakers as the factory wiring uses a common earth for the speakers. New head units don’t like a common speaker earth so i had to run new speaker wiring to the stock speakers now i am on the lookout for a small sub amp to run the rear back door subs and it will be complete.