Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Still not running, need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 12:14 PM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mr4x4
You can check at the shrader valve on the fuel rail
Well, i have some sort of air pressure built up, but no fuel

Old 05-22-2017, 06:09 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been learning from all these guys how to home in on similar problem. Check for voltage at + side of coil. If nothing, go backward. There may be no power to dizzy and to rest of electronics. If + shows power, but no spark out of coil-to-center-of- distributor wire, coil may have failed. If spark out of coil to distributor but none at spark plug check cap/rotor. Remove inertia plug, jumper the two wires (wh/purple) and complete the power to fuel pump. I am only at the third grade level-- if still nothing you need to get a higher learning helper than I am.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by stevee
I've been learning from all these guys how to home in on similar problem. Check for voltage at + side of coil. If nothing, go backward. There may be no power to dizzy and to rest of electronics. If + shows power, but no spark out of coil-to-center-of- distributor wire, coil may have failed. If spark out of coil to distributor but none at spark plug check cap/rotor. Remove inertia plug, jumper the two wires (wh/purple) and complete the power to fuel pump. I am only at the third grade level-- if still nothing you need to get a higher learning helper than I am.
He has 1998 D1. 1996-1999 models did not have a distributor.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:44 AM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Check the fuel rail for fuel pressure, I had low pressure before I replaced my fuel pump with a new one, after doing so I check the fuel pressure at the rail and had no fuel pressure. I could here the pump run when I turned the key before cranking and still had no fuel pressure at the rail. I then pulled out the fuel pump reversed the two wires for the fuel pump as it was an aftermarket pump, put it all back together and turned the key, now I have fuel pressure but once I turn the key off I immediately loose fuel pressure. I proceeded by removing the fuel pump assembly out and check the hose clamp at the pump and found that the plastic tube was not tight so I replaced the plastic tube with some fuel injection tubing and put it all back together, turned the key, had pressure, it fired up, turned the key off, and the fuel pressure at the rail remained with no loss of pressure after turning of the key. Hopefully this is the problem you are having and this remedies the issue for you. Good luck.