Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Suprise Suprise TO ME

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

mine was worked on by a dealer... a used car salesman who drove it himself and broke it himself and rigged crap and screwed things up and broke things until it needed headgaskets then i bought it.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
I would say you got pretty lucky, nice find at a great price considering all it has had done.
Thank you sir..I am really happy about the Rover

I have about 2000 invested in this land rover above the 2800 bought price..that included new exhaust, paint job, tires, suspension, brakes, tie rods

Old 08-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thehun
I am never selling this Rover...it saved my life during the Joplin Tornado.
Lets hear the story!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Winching

I work at AT&T and worked that day on May 22. Long story short...I was sitting at a traffic light trying to get out of Joplin and saw the debri cloud coming over Rangeline (our main strip). I was in the outer edge of the tornado, couldnt see a thing until chickfila's sign started flickering...i cut through..not knowing whats on the other side of the road (cars,trees etc) and there is a small service road behind it....went on to 20th street (street takes me to a road to take me to my town of Carthage) and the tornado winds tried to pick up my Rover and I, it wouldnt budge...the back end of the rover wanted to come up..but it wouldnt let it (maybe because I was driving away from the tornado)...the tornado was about 100 yrds away from me....I saw our Home Depot get destory in front of my eyes (scary scene)...there was about 6" of water on the roads and if it wasnt for my Rover..if I was in my car...there is no way I could have managed to speed to safety from this monster....I was bombarded with debri left and right...no busted windows,dents just scratches.....so there is no way I would ever get rid of my Rover...it saved my life and God was watching over me for sure as well......Got home....took a quick shower....told my wife that Lucy(my lab) and I have to go and help...so I got her suited up with her S.A.R vest and went out..along the way I called my friend to see if he wants to help (my dog is not yet certified to SAR but she has a better noise than I do and she can track), we helped uncover one deceased person from the trouble and saw many more...it is a day that I will never ever forget...and the help that came into our community was AMAZING

Last edited by thehun; 08-19-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:54 AM
TReK
Received 471 Likes on 388 Posts

That is quite a story. Thank goodness you got to safety. Condolences on those lost. And congratulations on pitching in to help those less fortunate.

Really incredible. I'd never sell that car either. And it looks great too!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Default Looks great!

Really nice truck. I hope mine ends up looking close to that. I need protection on the front tho. I don't know how you don't get that bashed up. I guess your wife isn't allowed to drive it.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Winching

She still has scar marks from the tornado that i am going to keep. I wax and maintain it like it should