Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Thinking of Selling my 97

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Thinking of Selling my 97

Gentlemen,

I am entertaining the possibility of selling my Early 97 Discovery I with the Pre-AEL, relatively stock Discovery I.

I will entertain all serious offers, I have clear Title in Hand, and it is available immediately for the right price.

It has less than 120K miles on it. New Pro-line fuel pump, rotors & pad set from RN, new rear calipers, new fuel lines from tank to engine bay. Body is solid, typical Discovery I rust thru in the wheel wells for rear passengers doors, a little bit of rust thru by the Alpine Windows.

Pro Comp ES9000 extended Shocks all around, OME Heavy duty springs on rear. CDL works smooth as butter. Window ECU resoldered, all windows work.

Gutted the following: Headliner, carpets, console, stereo gone completely.

Seats still good and solid.

Spare parts included, used original equipment starter, complete gasket kit for upper part of engine from RN includes Valley Pan and head gaskets, and a few other odds and ends.

Fires right up, could use new O2's that I have not yet bought.

If you are in the market send me a PM, please be realistic if you may want it. Otherwise go ahead and list your other comments here and we can all have a good laugh about it.

Fire Away.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not interested, but out of curiosity what do you expect it to fetch?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:34 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does it come with a spare roll of duct tape...? Good luck with the 'thinking of selling' part.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
Does it come with a spare roll of duct tape...? Good luck with the 'thinking of selling' part.
LOL! Duct tape! That's the most important thing I carry in mine. You'll never get me to admit how much duct tape holds my Disco together.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Will that be Crash or Charger?

Huh?

Replacing it with this by chance?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Baja

Actually I saw a pristine 4 door 1983 Mark6 that is immaculate. A guys father died and they want to liquidate his holdings. It is diamonde white with a white padded vinyl roof and burgundy interior and has been garaged since new. I turned around and went back to check it out. Very solid immaculate marvel of Lincoln Engineering, gets better milage than the LR as well.

I turn 60 on May 26, the Mark6 is much more spacious and will be a better traveling car to go on my upcoming Golf Expedition.

If no one is seriously interested in my Discovery Recovery at a negotiable price, I will just pack it full of tools, cookware, children's toys and clothes and send it on down to that mission in Guatemala I just learned abpout. That way it will be there waiting on me when I do go down there.

Take care everyone.

If I throw in the duct tape, would that seal an offer, it seals most everything else.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Baja
Default See the Link to the Mission

Gentlemen,

Here's a link so you can see that I was not making up the story about donating to good cause.

http://orphanageemmanuel.shutterfly.com/teams/99

If any of you would care to do something great for a deserving group, please do.

Some of my old High School Classmates, The Griffin High School Class of 1969 War Eagles have already put a lot of effort into the place over the past few years.

One that was very active just passed away suddenly leaving a big void there. I have decided to do what I can to help since he is no longer here to carry on and I have not done anything worthwhile for anyone in a hell of a long time.

I need a change of pace, some sunshine and some very pretty surrondings to explore before I die. Instead of laying around up here doing nothing, I have decided to Live like I am Dying and enjoy every day that I have left enjoying whatever I can and maybe playing some golf with some interesting people in some interesting places that I otherwise would never have the opportunity to visit.

I wasted the last forty years chasing paychecks and sacrificing my own happiness and not living up to my full potential and blowing more opportunities than the average person gets in a normal lifetime.

I think it is time for a change and to do for and help others in whatever way I may.

Stay tuned.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Gentlemen,

Here's a link so you can see that I was not making up the story about donating to good cause.

http://orphanageemmanuel.shutterfly.com/teams/99

If any of you would care to do something great for a deserving group, please do.

Some of my old High School Classmates, The Griffin High School Class of 1969 War Eagles have already put a lot of effort into the place over the past few years.

One that was very active just passed away suddenly leaving a big void there. I have decided to do what I can to help since he is no longer here to carry on and I have not done anything worthwhile for anyone in a hell of a long time.

I need a change of pace, some sunshine and some very pretty surrondings to explore before I die. Instead of laying around up here doing nothing, I have decided to Live like I am Dying and enjoy every day that I have left enjoying whatever I can and maybe playing some golf with some interesting people in some interesting places that I otherwise would never have the opportunity to visit.

I wasted the last forty years chasing paychecks and sacrificing my own happiness and not living up to my full potential and blowing more opportunities than the average person gets in a normal lifetime.

I think it is time for a change and to do for and help others in whatever way I may.

Stay tuned.

Good for you man, I almost died in a very severe car accident when I was 17 and I have lived my life like there is no tomorrow ever since.
Do not ask what it, ask why not.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

And if you guys need water filter's to make clean drinking water contact www.20litres.org, my church works with those guys big time.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The idea of packing it full of toys and tools and so forth sounds like a winner to me and it will serve a far more valuable purpose down there. Good luck to you with whatever you decide.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling my 97