Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Thinking of Selling my 97

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Take care everyone.
you out Danny?

Old 04-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am seriously contemplating that and more. I am going to talk with my new mentor about some joint projects benefitting both the Mission and the Wounded Warrior Program.

Checkout this brainstorm I had. She works with a two fold operation buying used international cargo shipping containers. They have the architect that did most of Disneyworld in Orlando, he designed methods to repurpose (convert) the containers into any of the following: living quarters, offices, kitchens, storage or other special purpose applications ganging together as many or as even single units for whatever purpose is needed.

They can remain mobile or be mounted in a variety of ways depending again on the special purpose you need to accomodate, ship items to a location and convert it to living quarters outfitted as desired.

She buys and sells and donates to charity at a scope that you can hardly imagine. And she is an old friend and classmate.

I suggested having a charity challenge type traveling matches where the entry fees include the donation of your favorite previous club set. Almost all golfers have unused classic clubs sitting at home in the basement garage or attic or trunk of the car. Country club members usually have an old set in their locker. I learned that in my last job as shoe shine boy at a local Country Club. I have personally rescued entire sets from that same clubs dumpster where when a Lady Member died and they merely dumped the entire contents of her locker including bag and clubs in the dumpster.

We want to collect, restore, and donate club sets to returning warriors. I have volunteered to refinish and learn clubfitting to match up a set to the vet's needs. Plus I will Donate my Lee Trevino MVP irons from 1970 in a vintage Red White and blue bag with my 1996 Atlanta Olmpics Starter Jacket in Red, White and Blue along with a restored Achusnet Bullseye Brass putter to kick it off.

I want to eventually do something in the Guatemala Mission to combine golf and use old Discovery's in place of golf carts so as to minimize start up cost and leave the terrain natural with spacing from one green to the next tee. 4 wheel to your next tee. 4 passenger that will carry 4 bags.

They have 1000 acres, they should be enough. Layout a primitive golf course. The potential is amazing. And use the converted containers as beach bungaloes and Buildings for the course. And I would volunteer to run it as well. Dare to dream big.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by demonlarry
you out Danny?
Not yet, but may be traveling soon. Starting big on my bucket list.

Giving up on the urban decline and decay of civility in today's youth.

Looking to enjoy life fully for a while and see what develops.

YouTube - Willie Nelson - On the Road Again

Old 04-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Baja

oFF TOPIC BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THE CAR SHOW SCHEDULED FOR MY HOMETOWN:

Login | Facebook

Old 04-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ara25
The idea of packing it full of toys and tools and so forth sounds like a winner to me and it will serve a far more valuable purpose down there. Good luck to you with whatever you decide.
Only one problem with that, they will not ship his truck down there, it will cost to much.
Anytime you donate a car they sell it and take the cash and put that to use.
You get the KBB value deducted from your taxes and they get whatever they can sell it for.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not know that...but I bet you could drive it there it is a Rover after all. You could pretend your having your own little Camel Trophy expidition. It probably would be a dangerous trip though filled with all kinds of shady characters what with the various cartels and guerillas your sure to cross paths with...oh well a fun thought at least

Old 04-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Not yet, but may be traveling soon. Starting big on my bucket list.

Giving up on the urban decline and decay of civility in today's youth.

Looking to enjoy life fully for a while and see what develops.

YouTube - Willie Nelson - On the Road Again
well, whatever you end up doing, Best Of Luck, and keep us posted! you never know when someone on here may have certain expertise, or be able to donate to your charity!

Again, Best of Luck, in your travels!

Old 04-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Baja

Thanks guys. As far as shipping it, they would have have the container going anyway, so that is not any more expensive than without it Spike.

I may go down or may just take it all around this country, have not yet decided, no rush on my part, I have all the time in the world guys.

Always,
Danny Lee Redneck in a Rover......

Old 04-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

If you do take the Rover make sure you take lots of pics and post them here for us so we can live vicariously though you.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Baja

Yeah, I feel like doing some fishing, camping and just plain exploring.