Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Transmission fluid and filter change on a Disco 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And tell me about the people I'm like. You don't know anything about me so until you crawl inside my head or have an actual conversation with me, you can continue to make an *** of yourself.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by luckyd77
And tell me about the people I'm like. You don't know anything about me so until you crawl inside my head or have an actual conversation with me, you can continue to make an *** of yourself.
I think thats his point. He doesnt care if you are Hitler or the christ child...if you offroad illegally, you are an ***.

The following users liked this post:
bwr1975 (07-21-2020)
Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Drifting

I've always loved people who can make judgements on other people over the internet. If there was a career in online pyschiatry, these guys would make a bazillion kajillion dollars doing it...

Old 04-03-2012, 11:03 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've always loved people who can make judgements on other people over the internet. If there was a career in online pyschiatry, these guys would make a bazillion kajillion dollars doing it...
I think you need to chill a little and let it pass. Move on with fixing the Disco. If you want to start ranting about other forum members' opinions and such, you may find it difficult to find people willing to help. Neither of you are right or wrong. Get over it and remember, don't post it on the internet that could be used against you at a later date(self-incriminating activities). Big brother is watching(he even says so).

Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was making a judgment call based on your post...

I guess you're right, good people can do stupid **** too

Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Drifting

i'm one of those people. background: it was my first time ever going out and doing something like that. didn't know it was even illegal until afterwards(my friend took us off the highway onto an old service road. i have no idea about the laws regarding off-roading but i will get up to speed rather quickly). but i had a frickin blast.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SO ANYWAYS..... back to the original direction of this thread......... I too and pondering changing my transmission fluid and filter.. I bought my disco with 132k on it and I have no idea about previous maintenance. The fluid is a nice red color on the dipstick but I dont know if this is a good way to judge fluid condition. I am not going to do a flush as I have only heard bad things about doing that. Also I have put a can of seafoam trans tune in there. This has not caused any issues so far except my tranny is a little quieter. I am assuming that if the detergents were going to cause issues the sea foam would have made them apparent right?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by filbs
SO ANYWAYS..... back to the original direction of this thread......... I too and pondering changing my transmission fluid and filter.. I bought my disco with 132k on it and I have no idea about previous maintenance. The fluid is a nice red color on the dipstick but I dont know if this is a good way to judge fluid condition. I am not going to do a flush as I have only heard bad things about doing that. Also I have put a can of seafoam trans tune in there. This has not caused any issues so far except my tranny is a little quieter. I am assuming that if the detergents were going to cause issues the sea foam would have made them apparent right?
If it quieted your tranny, then your tranny fluid is not doing it's job and needs changed before you have serious problems.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by filbs
... When you put the sea foam trans tune in did you drain out some fluid or were you already low? Who told you to use seafoam trans tune in a ZF transmission?

Honestly I would say if it is red and runs fine dont worry about it. What do you mean by "made it quieter?" Was it making noise to begin with? If so what kinda of noises?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a large clunk when going to reverse. Not really noisy. I guess shifting from 1st to second seems smother now... guy at advanced auto recommended the sea foam.. Btw I only put a half pint as I didn't want to over fill.

Quick Reply: Transmission fluid and filter change on a Disco 1