Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Ultragauge EM

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll play with it for a while and end up with the display you want. It's a great addition to any rig IMO. It keeps alarming on me. It's kicking an alert from my fuel level sensor, mine is lazy and kicks a code, p0460 I think. It also shows a code that has never kicked my CEL, I'll have to double check it but I think it's 'Bank 1 Cat 1' or something like that, I need to look into it. No idea what it means.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ToddD
You'll play with it for a while and end up with the display you want. It's a great addition to any rig IMO. It keeps alarming on me. It's kicking an alert from my fuel level sensor, mine is lazy and kicks a code, p0460 I think. It also shows a code that has never kicked my CEL, I'll have to double check it but I think it's 'Bank 1 Cat 1' or something like that, I need to look into it. No idea what it means.
What does this mean?

OBD Code P0460refers to
The fuel level sensor is mounted in the fuel level sensor unit. The sensor detects a fuel level in the fuel tank and transmits a signal to the ECM. It consists of two parts, one is mechanical float and the other side is variable resistor. Fuel level sensor output voltage changes depending on the movement of the fuel mechanical float.
Symptoms

Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0460
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - Fuel level gauge improper operation
Causes

Possible causes of OBD code P0460
- Harness or connectors (The sensor circuit is open or shorted) - Fuel level sensor may be faulty - Combination meter The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: Even though the vehicle is parked, a signal being varied is sent from the fuel level sensor to ECM.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Mudding

It means I have a lazy fuel gauge. It responds very slowly when fuel is added (a few days to rise to a position near full).
My plan was to wait until the fuel pump failed to replace it, oddly, the fuel pump hasn't failed yet. The low fuel light is accurate and the gauge seems close to accurate the lower the actual level is, so I don't care about the random CEL because of it.
Also, I'm not sure I understand your original question of "What does this mean?" as you have defined the code in the same post. Did you mean something else by your question?

Old 05-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Mudding

Cat Bank 1 Sensor 1? Any ideas?

Name:  UGalarm.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  155.2 KB

Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Cat Bank 1 Sensor 1? Any ideas?

Dude turn that alarm off, it is not relevant to your truck.
It is throwing a code because that is not supported by the truck.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Mudding

Already off. Thanks dude.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Mudding

Hit 220 with the a/c on today. When I got home the temp was holding tight between 205-210. I'm going to get a new t stat and start radiator shopping.
Anyone have any leads on a good supplier? I was just quoted $680 for one and there's no way that's happening.
So I need recommendations on a t stat and a radiator if anyone has any ideas. I know I can get these temps lower with out going totally broke. At least I hope.

***Edit- Radiator flush / rodding makes much more sense than replacement. It's not leaking externally so I'm going to make some calls locally and see who can clean it out for me.

Last edited by ToddD; 06-04-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try Paul GRANT FOR A RAD?

Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Winching

***Edit- Radiator flush / rodding makes much more sense than replacement. It's not leaking externally so I'm going to make some calls locally and see who can clean it out for me.
if theyre taking it apart to rod it out, check on getting the core replaced... it may end up being cheaper.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I run a 195* t-stat and I run in the 195-200 range no matter what.
I sat in the drive thru last night for 15 min and she never got hotter than 199*F.

Quick Reply: Ultragauge EM