Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

What doesn't work on your Discovery?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 05:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by stillruns
I scoured the Earth for a SD but couldnt find one in good shape. I've not yet decided how to solve the issue. I don't have any intentions on ever using them. Im going to explore options and see what I can come up with that will be long term and not look like it's been jerry rigged.
The best way to do it is to weld in a delete panel, repaint, and also add some fiberglass to the headliner to get rid of those holes. I've seen people do this with drift cars and race cars for weight reduction and such.

Seems like a lot of effort but definitely doable. Only thing that could look bad is the respray on top. Will depend on how much prep goes into it. I know amazon sells color matched rattle cans in Land Rover colors...

Last edited by DiscoCam; 07-27-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:15 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

New panels would be a good option. I will eventually repaint it anyway. Actually, thats all it needs is new paint and sunroof repair. What material for the panels? Alum? Steel?

Old 07-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by stillruns
New panels would be a good option. I will eventually repaint it anyway. Actually, thats all it needs is new paint and sunroof repair. What material for the panels? Alum? Steel?
IIRC the roof on D1s and D2s are steel, so you could probably just cut a piece of sheet metal to size and weld it in. I'm not sure if anybody makes a delete panel for the discovery, but making your own is probably cheaper anyway.

Last edited by DiscoCam; 07-28-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:44 AM
TReK
Received 417 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by jimvw57
Down to cruise, SRS, and A/C...I gave up on the ABS as I didn't like the surprise when it failed. When I fix the cruise, I plan on removing the ABS and airbag lights.

Oops forgot about drivers door stop.. that to. Have parts for door and cruise, just need the time and a little cooler temps..
ABS might just be the sensors. They are cheap to replace now. I did and mine has worked as it should since.

New ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left & Right for Land Rover Discovery STC1749

Old 09-25-2018, 09:56 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Some idiot kid hit my windshield with a damn BB gun

Old 11-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Cruise control
passenger door lock needs to be adjusted to open door latch from outside
seat heaters, no warmth for my tooshy
heater core leaked and is currently bypassed
rear washer hose is not connected to the sprayer (anyone know how to get ahold of the end?)
rear wiper works when it wants to
rear view mirror (no power)
clock half works
tapedeck won’t take a tape or converter
can’t tell if defrost works

Old 11-07-2018, 11:51 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cruise control and door locks, and really only care about the door locks. But I use a steering wheel lock and have a immobilizer on the starter.

Last edited by Socal88; 11-08-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Rear window washer. And nothing else. I do not know if there is a separate reservoir, or pump...
Sunroofs leak the way LandRover intended, so I would say that works... Leak good !

Old 11-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Cruise (of course) rear defroster, rear door lock, both sunroofs get hung up at the close after set at partial open,
Just fixed clock light, drivers side heat not wanting to go all the way to heat.. due to firewall insulation falling down on the arms being moved by the climate control devices.
Oh yea, passenger side door not opening from the outside unless you pull up on the lock mechanism twice first.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:14 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ill contribute to this thread and throw down my list... Just picked up my new to me D1 last week and have been making a list of what doesnt work, so here we go!
- all windows dont work and the cover for the switches is broken
-brakes dont work at all, going to flush them and add fluid + new pads
- engine wont start, fuel pump issue I think
- sunroofs leak which is why the headliner and floor are mouldy, headliner is sagging anyways
- driver turn signal blinks twice as fast as the passenger
- roof has a large crack in the metal, not sure what im going to do about it yet
- none of the door latches worked right, drivers door was stuck shut but I went and adjusted each one and now they all work
- rear seat was missing a bolt
- O2 sensors need to be replaced, one of the wires from the harness to the sensor is cut (guy stole the exhaust and cut the wire) so that needs to get fixed somehow
- CDL shifter wont shift or move at all
- battery dead, and key fob doesnt work, going to try changing the battery

Also, if anyone could drop by my thread titled "Can't figure out this cut cable, o2 sensor cable?" it would help me out a lot with narrowing down my issue with the o2 sensors.

Quick Reply: What doesn't work on your Discovery?