Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

What should I do with it? (beat up disco)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011 | 06:39 PM
TReK

The aluminum is generally considered 'dirty' because of the paint. It sells for much less because of that. Worth much more as parts, then scrapped. But I bet the good body parts are worth more as parts then as scrap as well. Same with the wheels.

Old 01-19-2011 | 06:39 PM
TReK

I'd use it as a camping trail rig.

Old 01-19-2011 | 07:28 PM
Team Owner

Tell the guy $500 and its his.
If he doesnt want it then part it out and scrap whats left.
www.roverlandparts.com buys junk Rovers too.

Old 01-19-2011 | 07:55 PM
Rock Crawling

Think duct tape. Lots and lots and lots of duct tape. Trail it, off road it, beat it, push it hard until it totally falls apart literally. Lots of rust just means it's lighter now and will run faster. Lots of trail miles in it still. Off Roading ain't a beauty contest.

Old 01-19-2011 | 11:44 PM
|
Overlanding

haha great thread guys. Got some creative answers! Let's see if we can keep it going.

You guys are right, at the very least I should give her one last "hooray" down some trails. I just got to find some around here..

My big issues about keeping it is.... I have it in my shop right now, shop space is valuable to me for working on other vehicles that I could make money on. And I have another project that I've been trying to finish aswell. Broke, busy college student doesn't help a whole lot either. Honestly 4-500 would help me out quite a bit, 300 is just too low.

Thanks again everyone

Old 01-20-2011 | 09:09 AM

take it out of the shop. park it outside. park it in the street. i sold my first rover when i was in college and now i look back it was the dumbest thing i ever done. i needed money the same reason you do..

Old 01-20-2011 | 12:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Default Just beat it!

Here is an example of some fun you can have with an old Disco that SEEMS ready to give up the ghost:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtexoMZJ7Y0

It just wont quit.

Old 01-20-2011 | 01:08 PM

By all means, get it out of the shop, use that space, but don't bail on the Disco Yet!!!!

It won't kill it to sit outside. Hard to believe you can't find trails around a place named Cedar Rapids. Just make sure that if you try to ford water with it that the water is no more than waist deep and enter it slowly building a wake in front of you, not splashing it as hard as possible.

Old 01-20-2011 | 01:23 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by groundandpound
Here is an example of some fun you can have with an old Disco that SEEMS ready to give up the ghost:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtexoMZJ7Y0

It just wont quit.
Sick video and sick Scotsman owning it. That was murder. Like taking a hammer to your dog and then laughing about it. He should not be allowed to own anything more then a rusty tricycle for the rest of his life.

Old 01-20-2011 | 01:56 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Roverrocks
Sick video and sick Scotsman owning it. That was murder. Like taking a hammer to your dog and then laughing about it. He should not be allowed to own anything more then a rusty tricycle for the rest of his life.
While I can't agree my point is that even THIS would be better than scrapping it.
If you do like that one - there are 4 more in the series...and he does crazier stuff than that.

Quick Reply: What should I do with it? (beat up disco)