Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

:[... reality really bites... :[

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :[... reality really bites... :[

So... I've been having a lot of discussions with my parents about my baby. We have been through a lot with it and they believe it would be better if I sold her.

First off, I just wanted to thank everyone who belongs to this forum. You all are amazing people, who love LR's...

Secondly, it is up to me to sell her, and.. well.. I want to know how much she could be sold for.

I went to the Kelly Blue Book website and I can get between $20,000-22,000 without advertising the warranty.

This is my baby...

She is a 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE7
44,XXX miles... mainly highway miles
Black Leather Interior
LR Navigation/CD player
Cold Weather Package (Front and Rear Windshield Defrosters)
Heated Front Seats
H/K Sound System
Self-Leveling Suspension
Active Cornering Enhancement
LR Running Boards
LR Roof Rack
...plus an awesome extended warranty by "Total Protection Plan" that we paid $2006.00 extra for.

She has had every service done except the upcoming 45,000 mile service.

I would like to list her between $21,000-$24,000.

What do you all think? I wanted to come to you all first because of your vast knowledge.

Again, it has been a absolute pleasure being a member of this forum.

May God Bless You and... Happy Rovering!

John-Robert

Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Default RE: :[... reality really bites... :[

I just bought my first Disco. last week. It's an '04 with most of the same options you've listed (minus leveling and corner control) with 17,500 miles (that's not a typo), 2" Old Man Emu lift, tires, wheels, etc. for $23k

I've been seeing the '03'sat dealerships with 40-50k miles being sold for $21 - $22k.

Good luck!

Old 07-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

sorry man . My wife has mentioned trading 2 times. She knows not to ask anymore...

The price sounds ok, depending on what your area is. The extended warranty should be a good selling point, if it is transferrable. Good luck with everything...sorry to see you go.

Jason

Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Rock Crawling

Sorry man, sucks. I'd say go for the price and see what happens, but for what you're selling w/ gas prices now and the word spreading about the "bad" reputation of disco's, prices seem to be dropping. I bought by '04 SE, pristine condition and same mileage as yours6 months ago and paid 19k for it. Obviously bought the extended warranty as well. Few little issues since like three amigos, small oil leak, but nothing major.

Here's my question for you (playing devil's advocate here): Youbought a nice truck, you love it, and you have a good extended warranty to pay for repairs. So, whysell it? Other than workinga few kinks out, can't be costing you a fortune in repairs if under warranty, right?Tell your parents your probably going to lose out on the deal if you sell it now, so you might as wellkeep it.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta do what ya gotta do. I understand.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Mudding

Hey everyone...

well.. I can see where you are coming from when it comes to selling price, and as to why I'm selling it.

Let's just say my parents aren't too happy that it's so expensive to maintain. For every little thing, it needs to go into the shop and I'm a college student who can't afford to not have it for a week.

I just bought spark plugs and wire from a person Dico Mike had referred to me, and I had every intention of installing them myself. When I went and tried, I realized I couldn't do it. Mike and I called around to see how much it would be to install them, and the average price was $360.00....just to install them!

Living in Deep South Texas doesn't give me many options to have my car looked at. There is only 1 dealership within a 400 mile radius and about 3 independent shops that aren't close enough incase something happens to it.

Again, thank you soo much for your help. I really appreciate everything you all do!

John-Robert

Old 07-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Mudding

Let me know if you end up selling those wires. I just bought a set of plugs, 2002 Disco II. Not sure if the wires are the same.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

surely there is someone that will help him change his plug wires.....anyone?

Old 07-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy who I bought my 2003disco from has had to lower his price from 16000 to 12000 just to get me to buy it, which he almost didn't get when I started eyeballing the lack of maintenance on it. It is a hard sell right now because of the gas, and all forecasts point to it going up. I imagine that cost has got to be killing you and your parents brother. The cost of school has tripled since I was in and I graduated in 2003! Good luck with the sale, hate to see you go (even though I just got here myself), I've started getting real attached to mine, and can't wait to get it out of suburbia.