Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'00 Disco II SLS issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 Disco II SLS issue

hey guys.....(a continually evolving question.....)

so, after doing enough searching/research, i am convinced that i need new air bag for the passenger side sls

questions:

1) is it necessary to replace both sides even if the driver side is functioning properly? (just in case....)

is this the part i am looking for: http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/RKB101200.cfm :: http://www.strutmasters.com/Range-Ro...-gen2-r-rr.htm

i have read some tutorials online on how to replace - and some make a differentiation between the part above, and just the "bladder" replacement - yet i cannot find any other part other than rkb 101200

if so, how easy is replacing this on my own and avoiding the $150/hr i am so prone to pay.....

seems like a simple matter of jacking the car, some retaining pins, air clamp, replace, done....can't be that easy though? can it?

Last edited by catchthebig1; 08-02-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got done dealing with this issue... I found that arnottindustries.com the manufacturer of air bags for many other makes as well as LR has the best deal on an airspring for the d2...

or you can use this direct link: http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...48_gid159.html

I replaced just the one... I'll replace the other when it goes bad....

Its fairly easy to replace your self.... only I worn you that you will have to lift the truck quite high due to the long travel of the suspension.... I used my forklift to speed up the lifting of it.... It should only take about a half an hour depending on your skills.... jack up the truck frame... take wheel off... have a jack under the axle as well... take pins out with screw driver or needle nose pliers... unscrew air... take off old collet... trim hose slightly... twist air spring and remove... replace w/new spring... use new collet... and reverse the process...

Its easiest if the spring is deflated prior to the r&r... if you need to deflate manually just disconnect the height sensor... the spring will deflate if the sensor is lowered... Good luck!!

Old 08-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks dirty - sent you a pm also w/ a couple more quick questions