Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 disco P1300, P0303, P0302, P301

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 01 disco P1300, P0303, P0302, P301

I did a tune on my disco, new parts are wires(denso 7mm) ngk g-power platinum plugs, standard motor products coils.

plugs are gapped to.040

it has a rough idel, cuts off when turning sharp to park.

runs fine when moving down the road

getting the codes :P1300, P0303, P0302, P301

running 2 cans of seaform in a full tank.

i have cleared codes 4 times, allways these.

i checked the plugs, dry no oil on them

VERY new to working on discos. not sure what else i need to check. not want to take to a shop and get slammed on a repair bill

Old 02-07-2017, 07:08 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by LRD2rangel
I did a tune on my disco, new parts are wires(denso 7mm) ngk g-power platinum plugs, standard motor products coils.

plugs are gapped to.040

it has a rough idel, cuts off when turning sharp to park.

runs fine when moving down the road

getting the codes :P1300, P0303, P0302, P301

running 2 cans of seaform in a full tank.

i have cleared codes 4 times, allways these.

i checked the plugs, dry no oil on them

VERY new to working on discos. not sure what else i need to check. not want to take to a shop and get slammed on a repair bill
How was it running before tune up? What codes did you have prior tune up? How far you drove after the tune up? Anyway, let it run for couple of miles and check codes again as long as the SES light is not blinking.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Three Wheeling

ran sluggish before the tune up. not sure what codes were there prior to thisi got the code reader same time and the part. i have put about 70 miles on it so far

Old 02-07-2017, 07:17 PM
TReK

ran sluggish before the tune up. not sure what codes were there prior to thisi got the code reader same time and the part. i have put about 70 miles on it so far
How about the coil packs? Were you able to visually inspect it when you replaced the wires? Was there any corrosion? How many miles do you have on your truck?

Old 02-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Three Wheeling

the coil pack is new, old one had no corrosion. 220000 miles

cleared codes ran again and codes from it off an key in accordance position

Old 02-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Three Wheeling

coil pack is brand new, old onne has no corrosion. 220000 miles on it. bought it 6 months ago.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:59 PM
TReK

coil pack is brand new, old onne has no corrosion. 220000 miles on it. bought it 6 months ago.
Ignition replaced and new. Assuming, all plugs are inserted correctly. (Both side of engine misfire) Gas, full tank with 2 seafoam. While troubleshooting your problem, I would suggest to get the premium gas at the same exact station always while straightening the problem. A bit too much on the seafoam side. No seafood next time just add more premium gas. We are not waiting for another code at this point. Sometimes, old rovers will adjust in this event until a new code shows up. reset again. At this point I'm again assuming that your SES light is not blinking still. 70 miles is far enough, unless seafood is causing the misfire so add premium gas for the meantime. Also, recheck the plugs if they are seated properly. I usually count the turns when replacing plugs coz sometimes they are halfway in and seems tight.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:10 PM
Three Wheeling

i only us premium gas in the disco. i will run this tank down and refill( no seafoam) from the same station.
i was hoping the seafoam would help clean to injectors to eliminate them as an issue.

may have a shop check my gapping to make sure they are correct.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:06 PM
TReK

i only us premium gas in the disco. i will run this tank down and refill( no seafoam) from the same station.
i was hoping the seafoam would help clean to injectors to eliminate them as an issue.

may have a shop check my gapping to make sure they are correct.
As you mentioned, you are new with discos, I may suggest that take pictures attach to notes on your phone the codes and a short history of your maintenance. Since I started to maintain them, I wrote codes and ways I did to eliminate them. Near 2 years I kept failing inspections with over 18 to 24 codes on each discos and finally passed them. But of course having a code scanner will help a lot. There will be some codes that won't trigger your SES light and always pending forever. Theres something for you to look back writing them.

Well, with regards to seafoam, I'm sure its a great product but I guess you have to use it in moderation. It might end up cleaning its path but a larger gunk can get stuck in the injector for a while. Just a guess. I did exactly what you just did thinking it was good but my truck won't even go over a bridge after tune up.

About gapping, a fine tuned equipment need precision and also the proper gapping to maximize its performance. I just install my plugs straight from the box, I don't gap them. Here, its up to you. Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
LRD2rangel (02-08-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

You can always gap them yourself. As for seafoam, it has its uses but I prefer royal purple. When I did my head gasket job, I had my injectors done by a guy in New England. Cheapest around n I alway use premium from new gas stations(newer tanks) but had one injector with 3 out of the 4 holes blocked and one with 2 holes blocked. I can tell the difference.

The following users liked this post:
LRD2rangel (02-08-2017)

Quick Reply: 01 disco P1300, P0303, P0302, P301