Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03-04 headlight adjustment Qs

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 03-04 headlight adjustment Qs

At the risk of sounding stupid, I can't figure out the adjustment on my right-hand headlight. The Rave manual indicates that the inboard adjuster will change my vertical adjustment, but which way do I turn the screwdriver to adjust the light up?

The headlight points down pretty low. I turned the screw a bit either way but pointing at my garage door from about 15' away, I couldn't discern any change. I suspect the screw may not be functioning properly.

Unfortunately I can't remove the headlight fully because I have the ARB bumper installed, and the tube doesn't allow enough clearance.

Thanks for any insight.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

I've never done it, or researched doing it but my stupid sense says...

Someone undid the male torx head screws at the top of the finisher thinking they needed to be removed to remove the light, but these actually hold the assembly in place for the angle(I'm guessing)

Loosen those 2 screw heads, physically push the top of the headlight assembly back into the position you want and tighten down while holding in position.

Just a guess.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

There is a white beveled gear on the back of the headlight assembly that you'll need to turn. Use a phillips screw driver like a pinion gear to adjust the headlight aim. If I'm thinking about it correctly, you'll need to turn the screwdriver ccw as you're looking down at the butt of the handle.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Three Wheeling

Thanks for the replies. I checked the mounting bolts for the entire assembly, and it is already tilted all the way up as far as the slots will allow.

I guess maybe it just takes a lot of turns to get any noticeable movement; that or the adjustment is broken somehow.

thanks.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Three Wheeling

Just wanted to update to close out this thread. I got my beams to adjust. Counter-clockwise on the inboard screw "V1" indeed raises the aim of the beams. My problem was a little compounded by the fact that my main beam lamp wasn't seated properly in the headlight unit.

I wasn't expecting the adjustment screws to take so many turns to get a result, but they do.

A little trick I did was to block out one headlight with some cardboard so I could focus on adjusting one beam at a time.