Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12V Receptacle, Size B to Size A. Tired Of The Plug Falling Out.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 12V Receptacle, Size B to Size A. Tired Of The Plug Falling Out.

I own a DI but was wondering if this was a common issue between the series, or if it is different on the DII and perhaps I can retrofit.

This is just a minor annoyance, but my '97 has the Euro standard Size B 12V receptacle, and like a lot of folks, I like to plug in accessories like GPS, phone chargers, satellite radio, etc., which are the smaller US standard Size A plugs. I used to have a plastic sleeve that was made to slide onto the Size A plugs to increase the diameter and take up the slack in the Size B receptacle, but that long since disappeared and people look at me sideways when I try to find a replacement. I am tired of shimming the receptacle with wads of paper to get a consistent connection, and was wondering if the DII have this problem or did Rover switch to a Size A? If it is a size B, has anybody had retrofitted a size A receptacle in their truck? Did it require modification? Where'd you get it? I was wondering if Rover may have abandoned the Size B standard in their 12V receptacles for one of their later models that might slip right into my Discovery?