Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997 Stock Sub Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 06:07 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Stock Sub Wiring

Anyone have the diagram or pin outs for stock wiring on a 1997 Disco I? I had a blown amp. My tech buddy says the voltage was reversed and fried it. Got a used one that works. Now I want to ensure everything is right on the plug before I reinstall. Thanks!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 1997 Stock Sub Wiring

You can download the rave cd from a site. I do not remember now the site, but the file is a .iso, it is about 500 Megabytes, and contains all the documentation from 1995 to 1998. It has wiring, workshop, troubleshoot and some other things. I'll post the link if I can find it again.

Hope it helps

Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 PM
4wd High

Okay, checked all the manuals I could locate (don't have a rave CD but checked factory body, repair and electrical manuals as well as haynes) and no pointers on the actual positions of the wires in the conector at all- anyone chopped out thier old sub and have the old connector hanging around in a garage box they could check for me?

Will
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Mudding

Found it!

http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.p...&Itemid=29

This is the page where you can download the technical docs.... First, download the .iso. Then, you have to burn it in a CD or you can install virtual cd software. I am using Virtual Clone Drive, and i downloaded it from a download site. After you download the .iso, you have to mount it as a drive using virtual clone drive. Then, you only have to run the rave.exe file and that is all. There is aaaaall the documentation that you need. I can explain you how to use the wiring diagrams because I have a couple of days of experience with them. Those diagrams are very usefull. Please tell me if you need something else from me.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:17 PM
4wd High

Downloading now! After that we will see if I can get through all the computer guru speak to make it run. LOL. You say there is a diagram in there to figure out the wiring to the amp? That would be great! Thanks for the help and I will be sure to post up my reslts.

Will
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Mudding

Within the file you will find the wiring for ALL the electrical system of the car, including radio, front/rear lamps, airbags, sunroofs, windows, heaters, A/C, shift and transfer boxes, ignition, etc. Within the CD there is a lot of information of several different models (Freelander, Range, Defender and Disco), then you must locate the correct car (model and year), and then, you should check that those information is accurate, for example, you must chech if the wiring colors are the same in the wiring diagrams and in your car. After that, YOU MUST spend a little time reading the instructions because in the first pages of the documentation is all the explanation about how to use those diagrams. Those pages include color codes, meaning of the different symbols, terminology for component identification (S for splices, X for switches, K for relays, etc.) and also explain that the code (number) of the component is based on the phisical location of the component within the car. For example: The relay K151, (Transfer solenoid) is the relay # 51 that is located in the part 1 of the car (Which is the area in the back of the fascia) or something like that. I am not sure if this example is right, but you will have a better idea after you read the instructions.

After you read that, you MUST UNDERSTAND the problem and all the wirings. When I saw the first time the wirings diagrams, my first idea was: "Damn! this is more complex than I ever imagined", but later, that complexity turned into an advantage because all components are mixed within the diagrams. My problem was this: The transfer box solenoid was not releasing the lever, and the hi/low ranges and diff lock were not working. When I checked the diagrams, I saw that within the transfer box wiring, the key in switch, brake pedal switch, shift (N-P-1-2-3-D) sensor, and some other components were included. I thought that I was going to have to disassemble all the fascia and then check one-by one all the components and wiring. Then, I realized that, for example, the brake pedal switch also appears in the lights wiring diagrams, and when I press the brake, the lights in the back should work. Also, If I can turn on the car, it means that the key-in switch is working because the key in switch also appears in the engine wiring, and then, I realized that the shift gear sensor was working because I could take out the key when the car was on Park. That was the way that I used to isolate my problem reading the wirings and I did all that BEFORE going to the car and start unassembling it. After I completely understood the wiring circuit, I tested the solenoid en 10 minutes (manually energized it and then it released the lever), then I found the problem in 40 minutes!!!!!!! It was a little splice (HJ6) that was hided within a huge wiring harness under the fascia. The splice was corroed and the wire that feeds the complete circuit was open.

If you need help, just ask, but you will have to be patient because I do not speak english very well, but I will do my best.

Good luck!