Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Land Rover Disco Series II heated seats/compass not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2000 Land Rover Disco Series II heated seats/compass not working

Hi everyone,
I just got a 2000 Land Rover Disco Series II. Love the car. One week later though, the heated seats have stopped working and the compass on the rear view mirror is not working.

I thought it was just a simple fuse, so that is what I checked first. All the fuses under the steering wheel tested working fine, and also all the fuses under the hood tested working fine.

The seats worked fine for about a week. Now when I push the seat heater button, the light does NOT come on for either seat. I suspect the cigarrette lighter does not power either, but I haven't tried it.

Has anyone come across this problem and found a fix?

I know some people talked about replacing the relays, but I don't really know exactly what those are. I think they are under the hood by the other fuses, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 02-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The relays for the butt warmers are under the seats.
This is a fuse or relay problem, replace the butt warmer fuse, even though ti looks good replace it anyway, it can still be bad.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Fuses 15 and 26 under dash, relay 7 under hood box - for seats. Relay 7 also does cigar lighter. Under hood box - also check fuse link (fuse with bolts) 7 & 8. RAVE manual set available below - has electrical maps in color, pictures of connectors in color, etc. One is attached to entice you into enjoying the whole download.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 heated seats wiring.pdf (538.3 KB, 468 views)

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 02-07-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Seat heaters

If your seat heaters are like mine, you won't miss them. They're so hot that they're painful. And, there are instances of Rovers catching fire from faulty heaters. Dont blame you for wanting to make your truck complete, but there are bigger issues to chase.

Good luck!

Old 02-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DonRW2007
If your seat heaters are like mine, you won't miss them. They're so hot that they're painful. And, there are instances of Rovers catching fire from faulty heaters. Dont blame you for wanting to make your truck complete, but there are bigger issues to chase.

Good luck!
Yes... and there is no adjustment... its either burning hot or nothing.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Winching

Got them fixed. It was a simple fuse even though all fuses checked out ok. I replaced the fuse and they started working again. Along with the compass in the mirror. However, now the cruise doesn't work. I suspect again it is another fuse.

Also, just a random question, under the cruise control button, there is an on/off switch. I have no idea what it is for. Can anyone tell me? It is a switch, not a button. When I turn it to "on" I don't notice anything, so I am just curious as to what it is for.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

If you download the RAVE and look in the owners manual, does it show up? Or was it added by a previous owner? BTW which fuse was bad?

Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Winching

I believe it was fuse 15 if I remember right. I cannot find the switch in the owner's manual. But I might not be looking in the right places. I don't think it was added by a previous owner... maybe I will try to add a pic so you can see it. It might have been an aftermarket mod, but it doesn't look like one to me.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Winching
Old 02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Winching

Sorry, here is the pic

Quick Reply: 2000 Land Rover Disco Series II heated seats/compass not working