Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 disco, no spark, no fuel pressure.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2001 disco, no spark, no fuel pressure.

Hi there!!! We just got a D2 no running for a good price..... Already check the following: No spark, no fuel pressure... Take out the fuel pump and test it and is good, by pass the cutt off fuel switch on the fire wall and nothing happen, Replace the crank shaft sensor and also replace the cam sensor... So far nothing.... The engine turn and every light on the dash light up as normal. I notice on the driver side the door lock is like disconected bcz is missing some part or something also the window is not even there... So im thinking bcz of this the alarm is preventing the car from starting?? bcz I don't know what else cut be No funny LOL.. This is the first time working on a Disco with this problem !!! Thanks.....

Old 12-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Did you put the spacers on the correct side of the crank sensor? Silly question, but I've seen more than one post where the person replacing the cranks sensor put it back together wrong.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Also, does it EVER start? And then die immediately?

Does the engine even turn over with the starter, even if it doesn't start?

Old 12-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

BCU enables the starter relay, and if immobiized it won't turn over.

ECU enables a main relay that powers up sensors, and the fuel pump relay, which is also in series with inertia (crash) switch.

ECU also times out fuel pump relay in 30 seconds if not running.

RAVE has lots of drawings and info for you. Here is a sample.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 crank.pdf (596.9 KB, 123 views)
Old 12-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Mudding

Hi there guy's... The truck is not running at all, no spark and no fuel pressure..... It looks like some else try to fix's it and they give up oh her LOL... OK When I pull the crank shaft sensor the first thing that came out was the plastic sensor then the two spacers and then the aluminum housing.... So I taw it was wrong so i place the plastic sensor inside the aluminum housing and thats how it looks when u get a new sensor, So, then I insert the two spacers inside and then housing and sensor, then shield cover DONE!!!... I hope this is the right way... Bcz the way it was I dont think is the right way to install this... So if I crank the engine the engine turn as normal, every light on the dash light on as normal but theres no fuel pressure and no spark........ Something I notice the other day. I plug my obd2 and select live data and theres no rpm signal when cranking the engine.... And like I said before, Already replace cam sensor and crank sensor and by pass the fuel cutt switc.. Im lost... Also swap anothe ecu from another D2 from the same year and nothing.... LOL im like WHAT?? LOL wierd!!!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Mudding

Funny that you mention this bcz when I pull the ecu from the no running disco and install it on the running disco. When I crank it the engine firer up and die right away. But like I said it was the other disco.... The Non running discovery when I did the ecu swap show the same simptoms, nothing change.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Mudding

When I said the same simptoms ( No spark, no fuel pressure) =/

Old 12-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Mudding

Yes, Turn over but no start al all (no spark, no fuel pressure)

Old 12-21-2011, 08:36 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

try pulling the wiring harness off the back of the intake off and move it around it has a 13mm bolt that needs to come out. it the one that has the wiring for the crankshaft position sensor.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

We've had posts about the crank sensor spacer issue. Seems like they found that it needed to be assembled bolts+spacer+sensor to block. Might try that. Sensor has to have very small clearance to generate signal. If you jump fuel pump relay you should hear it run, but ECU normally cuts it off if truck not running in like 30 seconds. So don't leave it any longer than that for testing.

Do you have a volt meter? Can you determine if "main relay" (that's what it is called) is closing when ignition is turned on? The main relay powers up most of the sensors, and enables the other control relays.

Quick Reply: 2001 disco, no spark, no fuel pressure.