Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 DISCOVERY II - WINDOW OFF TRACK?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 DISCOVERY II - WINDOW OFF TRACK?

Hey Guys, this morning i went to put down my drivers side window and then all of a sudden a clicking sound. Now when i press the window up button i just hear the same click. So i am assuming that the window is off track. Is this a relative simple fix that a beginner like myself might be able to correct or is it best that i take it to the dealer? And does anyone have an idea what the dealer might charge to do this repair. Thanks, Gordon

Old 10-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: 2001 DISCOVERY II - WINDOW OFF TRACK?

I just called Landrover Encino and they tell me i need a window regulator and it costs $450.00 and takes a day. ANY COMMENTS?
THANKS, Gordon

Old 10-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gordon,

Yeah-- I have a comment. Go to my web-site (www.eurotekapg.com) and you will see a window regulator for about $92.00 (plus shipping). Read my tech info pages on the site. Buy the tool I mention from most auto parts stores that allows you to remove the door panel without ripping the clips out of the panel. Put aside about an hour and a half, and replace the regulator yourself. Window regulators fail with some regularity on Land Rovers.

Regards,
Geoman

Northern California

Old 02-06-2007, 02:39 AM
5th Gear

Hi,

I just went thru the same problem, I ordered a new window regulator, but am a little concerened this is not going to solve the problem.

The problem I see is that the motor (when lowering the window, if you keep pushing.) will continue turning until pushing the semi-circular guide out of place.

WHAT WILL KEEP THE NEW WINDOW REGULATOR GUIDE (THE ONE THATCONNECTS TO THE MOTOR)FROM DOING THE SAME THING?? IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE MOTOR?

Here's the story:

1. The semi circular guide with teeth that moves up and down with the gear from the motor fell off.
2. I pulled out the regulator and realized that one of the ends of this guide was welded to one of the rails (I could see the 3 circular spots where it was welded...I'm guessing)
3. I took my time and drilled thru the three spots on the guide and the rail were it was. Installed some flat head little screws, put a nut on the other side, and cut off the excess. (THIS WORKED PERFECTLY.)

4. I put everything back toguether, but there was a problem.

5. When I lowered the window, the guide slid off the motor gear. and wouldn't go back in when I tried to raise the window.

WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE GUIDE FROM SLIDE OFF THE MOTOR'S GEAR??

THE MOTOR?

Appreciate any insights....

Edgar

Old 02-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts

Go to, http://www.roverconnection.com/ they have new window regulators from $79 to $130. Put it in your self and save. In the mean time don't use your window.
Mike