Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Disco 2 “ITS GOING TO KILL ME “

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018 | 08:19 AM
|
1st Gear
Default 2002 Disco 2 “ITS GOING TO KILL ME “

Hey their my name is Brian where to start well I bought a 2002 disco 2 last summer a guy I know was selling it and I ended up getting her for $80 clean title well she is in good shape. Ran great drove great needed a new power steering pump abs module and Ebreak and Rover rims lol had trailer wheels on it when I got it lol well I had found one for parts for 200 so I got it changed out the parts I needed then my front drive line breaks cutting the fuel line shift cable and put a big hole in my transmission housing so back to square one I get it home change out all the parts transmission everything that was broke under her then I go to crank her up and she turns over but won’t start I checke inersha switch reset it then my M&R lights come on I tested and replaced battery tested crank sensor and cam sensor checked every ground checked fuel pump it’s good pulled and checked injection system had fuel but wasn’t putting into system and my second air has not engaged at all so I bench tested and it works I’m not 100 percent but I know when I tripped my inersha switch my hazards went crazy and M&s lights went to flashing but before the lights I could put gas into intake and she would start I need help plz and mind you my last project was a 1985 Chevy 2500 diesel that had been down and out for about 8 years I had to rebuild the wiring harnesses and clean 8 years worth of pack rats nest out of it and rebuild the starter then just turn it over by hand and key for two day then she fired up and runs great come to find out it was just the starter to begin with

Last edited by D2 Brian; 03-14-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-14-2018 | 09:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by D2 Brian
Hey their my name is Brian where to start well I bought a 2002 disco 2 last summer a guy I know was selling it and I ended up getting her for $80 clean title well she is in good shape. Ran great drove great needed a new power steering pump abs module and Ebreak and Rover rims lol had trailer wheels on it when I got it lol well I had found one for parts for 200 so I got it changed out the parts I needed then my front drive line breaks cutting the fuel line shift cable and put a big hole in my transmission housing so back to square one I get it home change out all the parts transmission everything that was broke under her then I go to crank her up and she turns over but won’t start I checke inersha switch reset it then my M&R lights come on I tested and replaced battery tested crank sensor and cam sensor checked every ground checked fuel pump it’s good pulled and checked injection system had fuel but wasn’t putting into system and my second air has not engaged at all so I bench tested and it works I’m not 100 percent but I know when I tripped my inersha switch my hazards went crazy and M&s lights went to flashing but before the lights I could put gas into intake and she would start I need help plz and mind you my last project was a 1985 Chevy 2500 diesel that had been down and out for about 8 years I had to rebuild the wiring harnesses and clean 8 years worth of pack rats nest out of it and rebuild the starter then just turn it over by hand and key for two day then she fired up and runs great come to find out it was just the starter to begin with
Award for longest sentence in the history of this forum.

The following users liked this post:
Virgil Grillone (06-07-2021)
Old 03-14-2018 | 12:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle

longest incomplete sentence.

Old 03-14-2018 | 04:00 PM
Pro Wrench

Almost killed me.

Old 03-14-2018 | 04:55 PM

I hate to say it, but, what do you expect for 80 bucks, a perfect 2002 D2.

Might I suggest you download a copy of LR RAVE and start by reading it relative to all your perceived faults.