Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Discovery - Windows & Power Locks

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:54 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Wow .. . thanks Ed . . . funny thing, since I couldn't really find anything (I guess I didn't look hard enough) I was going to write something up on how to do it, along with step by step pictures! I did a google search of images on how the door panel will look once I get the front off and couldn't find much. After looking at your process . . . . I now realize ONE of the pictures I found on the internet search is one of your pictures!!!

Thanks for a very descriptive and thorough process!! I'm sure I'll be successful!!!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A great write-up. The only things I can add to that is that it helps to actually look at the plug on the motor before you unplug it (for those of us who try to do things blind). Also, add grease to the new regulator anyplace you see it on the old regulater, IE: around motor gear, on the rollers, etc. My last regulator arrived dry.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One comment on what I found: my driver's window would not work and I assumed it was the motor and/or the regulator. I removed the door panel and pulled out the window regulator and found the little plastic roller had broken and jammed the works. After clearing the plastic bits the motor ran fine and the window regulator was functional - except for the broken plastic part. I made a plan with some bits and pieces of hardware from HD and my window is functional.
Falconworks sell a brass replacement window roller: Window Regulator Roller, Discovery