Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 DII Intermittent Problem with Security System/Immobilizer

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 01:47 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2004 DII Intermittent Problem with Security System/Immobilizer

I have an issue with starting my Disco that I encounter periodically. About 18 months ago I went to start my Disco and all the lights/gauges came on but it didn't start (no click, no nothing). I attempted to use my FOB to reset security system as I thought that was the problem. I had to have the Disco towed to the Land Rover dealership. They replaced the ignition wiring harness and that seemed to correct for a while. I had the problem once again about 8 months ago with same symptoms but after a few minutes of messing with FOB the truck started. Issue came back last Friday and I had to have it towed again to Dealership. They took 2 days to look at it and when they did the truck started with no issues. I got the truck home yesterday and cleaned the battery terminals. I went to start it and same problem. I get all the lights/gauges/etc but no click or attempt to start. I can also use FOB to turn security system on and what appears to be off but it still seems the Immobilizer is stopping the engine from starting.

I read on the Forum that possibly disconnecting the negative battery cable would allow me to start the truck but that does not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I have the truck towed back to the Land Rover dealer yet again....

Thanks,

Old 03-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same problem in my 1996. I hope someone has some direction. I'm at a loss with mine as well. I was [B]just[B] discussing my frustration over it with my wife. Can the immobilizer be by-passed???