Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help - strange issue with security system?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some help - strange issue with security system?

Ok - so my D2 rear cargo door would not unlock, and I thought maybe I was just not close enough with me key rob / remote, so hit the "unlock" button many 6 or 7 times. Then all of a sudden, I got a faint "alarm" sounds (beep beep beep) but it's more of a little grumble sounds coming from under the hood. Now the key does nothing. Can't start the car, and the red light on the dash is blinking. I still have the hood open, but then I locked the door and can't get the truck open now. I've "superlocked" the truck several months ago (without knowing, then left for 3 weeks and battery died). but this time it seems that I caused an issue by "unlocking" too many times. Anybody had an issue with this? I disconnected the battery all night and no dice the next day. Thanks -

Old 09-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Who ever told you to act out on a button cause you don't know what is wrong??????????????
Try locking and unlocking the drivers door 3 times to reset the alarm. As for the rear door not unlocking, when you clicked the FOB, did you hear the other doors work, if so then you just have a tail gate lock actuator failing, which if you decide to replace it only has to be done one time not 5 or 6 times.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Mudding

In the past, hitting the button a couple extra times ended up doing the trick to unlock the rear door. So, I've just gotten accustomed to doing that, and did it one time to many, thinking maybe my remote battery was weak. That said, now I can't lock / unlock anything on the truck....it doesn't respond to anything at all - nothing. I'll definitely replace the rear door actuator once I get to the bottom of this. Any other thoughts on what I can do next? Key remote note doing anything, can't lock/unlock door manually with the key, etc.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

If you tried locking and unlocking the doors 3 times, and that didn't work, then as a last ditch effort, disconnect the positive battery cable for not more then 30 seconds, only once, then see what happens.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Mudding

Ok - I will try that in the morning and let you know. The unlock/lock attempts do nothing. I've had the negative battery cable off a few times to no avail. I will remove the pos cable for 30 seconds and try again. Thanks-

Old 09-20-2010, 10:33 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps silly question I am sure you checked that first but is the truck battery fully charged? This happens when you have a weak battery or bad connection. The alarm stops working. This nothing to do with the rear door.