Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 amigo code test cost

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 3 amigo code test cost

So my amigos have been going on and off intermittently since I've owned it. When they are off everything works (ABS, TC, HDC). When they are on nothing works. This leads me to believe it is a shuttle valve problem which could be fixed by option B on the abs repair. Am I wrong here? Could one bad sensor also have the same symptoms? I called the local indy shop and they said they would read it for $45. Should I get the read or go about option B? Thanks.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would get the codes read. Probably will require the Option B shuttle valve fix, but if it is a speed sensor problem as well, you don't want to do the shuttle valve just to find out that it didn't fix it completely. I have also seen others on here rent our their ABS amigo scanners for $20 for a week...

Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bballjames
I would get the codes read. Probably will require the Option B shuttle valve fix, but if it is a speed sensor problem as well, you don't want to do the shuttle valve just to find out that it didn't fix it completely. I have also seen others on here rent our their ABS amigo scanners for $20 for a week...
I'm cheap ha. I just got the $3 trailer wire, and will do this tmrw morning. Seems easy enough. If it fixes it, great. If not, I will get the codes read and this will just be preventative. Thanks

Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the ABS Amigo to rent. I have rented it many times to forum members. That way you can tell what is really going on. Hit me up on a PM if you want.