Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Amigos won't go away

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ABS Amigo - Cheapest way I've found to do the ABS codes reliably. Requires a windows pc to pull the codes, but very user friendly.
Discovery II - ABS Amgio V1 USB

Ultragauge - Can't beat the price, I've been meaning to put one in every car I own. Real time temp is worth that price alone in the Rover.
UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

Dave

Old 09-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r.serio
They did get the ABS & downhill lights to go off but the TC would engauge while driving down the road at any speed and any right hand turn. This was very unsafe to drive. The shop said the can put the lights back on but I'm still out the $400. Any thoughts?
$400 includes the labor i would assume and not just the cost of the sensor?

To disable the system to make it drivable pull the ABS relay in the engine bay (not sure which relay, toward the back next to the SLS relay i believe) THIS WILL DISABLE YOUR ABS! USE CAUTION! My truck was doing the same thing, TC would engage any speed over 10mph, turned out to be a sensor that wasnt seated all the way down.

Look in the parts section, ABS Amigo might be for sale or look for someone that will rent you one.

Someone that had one for rent (just a quick google search)
abs amigo rental - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

Where did you get those codes you posted? is it a LR shop? Those aren't ABS amigo codes so i cant look them up on here:

http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.ph...d=38&Itemid=65

Old 09-24-2013, 04:53 PM
Rock Crawling

you have to get your hands on an Amigo to really troubleshoot this, you cant be running back to the shop evertime you try something different.

I got some help from Storey (forget his last name, really helpful guy) who developed the ABS amigo, he said the most common error is sensor installation.

How did this all start? Out of the blue or were you messing with something?

Old 09-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of the clear blue one day. Turned the key on and they never went off.

The $400 was labor included.

The shop that did the work printed those codes out. I guess I won't be going back there.

I usually do any of the work myself, unless I get lazy. I'm ready to ROCK now!

Old 09-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

ABS Amigo is the best thing to buy. Even if you go somewhere, get something fixed and your warning lights go away…they'll be back some day. The Amigo is excellent. I did a 4x4 trip last weekend and my 3-amigos popped up on three separate occasions. I just plugged my ABS Amigo in and the lights went out.
In my case there isn't any problems aside from my sqeeky brakes keep setting them off.
Good luck with it all. FYI I bought my Amigo used for $125 online. There are often people selling them through Rover sites etc.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Drifting

I would take a look at the Autel 619. It scans and clears engine codes, as well as ABS and SRS codes. It also does live data, though not as extensive as what I was used to, but you"ll get coolant temp, O2 voltage and a few other useful parameters. I've got one and it worked as advertised, just needs a software update initially.

Amazon.com: Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool: Automotive Amazon.com: Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool: Automotive

Old 09-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Ghaniba
ABS Amigo - Cheapest way I've found to do the ABS codes reliably. Requires a windows pc to pull the codes, but very user friendly.

Ultragauge - Can't beat the price, I've been meaning to put one in every car I own. Real time temp is worth that price alone in the Rover.

Dave
Both are on there way. Thanks for the help/info.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by r.serio
Both are on there way. Thanks for the help/info.
r.serio,
When your finished with your 3 Amigos, let me know if youd like to rent me your scanner My Amigos are driving me nuts too.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Rock Crawling

Let us know what the Amigo comes up with.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Ghaniba

Dave
The Amigo V1 isn't working. It will not show up on my computer. His video shows it pops right up. I sent him an email in hopes he can help.

Quick Reply: 3 Amigos won't go away