Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 amigos?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are the two codes I have read myself, both have had the typical three plus the brake light. I also had a few before I bought my faultmate which it went to the dealer for, abs pump relay - stuck on and a left rear wheel speed sensor. Those two also had 4 lights.

Here are mine,
01,2 PUMP FAILURE 1 (MONITOR LINE) OCCURED 0 PREVIOUS TIMES.
08,4 FRONT RIGHT SENSOR OUTPUT INTERMITTENT OCCURED 0 PREVIOUS TIMES.

The addition of the BRAKE light has nothing to do with the E-brake or level sensors, I promise.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Drifting
Default Same Issue Here 3 Amigos and BRAKE Light

So I have the three amigos and their friend the brake light. I also have a check engine light all in time for a christmas light show on my dashboard. All but the check engine came on after I took it to the dealer for all of the recalls to be corrected. I took it back and they said that the following codes could not have been a result of the recall work. The codes are as follows:

P0455 - Evaporative control system - large leak detected
Fault is not currently present
Signal out of range-below minimum
The fault is requesting MIL on
The fault has been persistently present

P1590 - Rough road signal implausible
Signal implausible
Fault is currently present
The fault is NOT requesting MIL on
The fault has been intermittently present

08,6: Front Left Sensor Signal Erratic
11.4: Shuttle valve switch electrical failure

The LR shop said that the brakes were at 6mm, but I have heard just a little squealing. So, its probably time to replace them. I added some DOT 4 brake fluid and noticed that the stem was not floating free. Plan to get a brake flush tomorrow. How do I know if I need new rotors? I have had it from 55K miles to 125K and they haven't been changed. I know that this is a lot, so thanks in advance for any assistance.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by penniwb
So I have the three amigos and their friend the brake light. I also have a check engine light all in time for a christmas light show on my dashboard. All but the check engine came on after I took it to the dealer for all of the recalls to be corrected. I took it back and they said that the following codes could not have been a result of the recall work. The codes are as follows:

P0455 - Evaporative control system - large leak detected
Fault is not currently present
Signal out of range-below minimum
The fault is requesting MIL on
The fault has been persistently present

P1590 - Rough road signal implausible
Signal implausible
Fault is currently present
The fault is NOT requesting MIL on
The fault has been intermittently present

08,6: Front Left Sensor Signal Erratic
11.4: Shuttle valve switch electrical failure

The LR shop said that the brakes were at 6mm, but I have heard just a little squealing. So, its probably time to replace them. I added some DOT 4 brake fluid and noticed that the stem was not floating free. Plan to get a brake flush tomorrow. How do I know if I need new rotors? I have had it from 55K miles to 125K and they haven't been changed. I know that this is a lot, so thanks in advance for any assistance.
So the "4 Amigos" are gone. I know it bugs some of you to hear that reference that includes the brake light, but the fix took the following:

P1590 - Rough road signal implausible:

11.4: Shuttle valve switch electrical failure - Follow the ABS repair post titled "ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)" by user JYCSALAS. I used the option where you splice into the YG wire. I think it is option B.

08,6: Front Left Sensor Signal Erratic - Cleaned all four ABS sensors while changing all four brakes and rotors. (I practically had to remove the rotor to get to the ABS sensor anyways so might as well replace them) All this took was using a hex tool to remove one screw holding the ABS sensor in place. Then removing the sensor cleaning it with generic electrical part cleaning spray. (It helps to put the tiny o-ring back on before trying to get the ABS Sensor back in place) I noticed black goop on the front and rear left ABS sensors that I removed. This led me to change the diff fluid on front and back also. I also had brake system flushed since it was time.

In all, parts and supplies cost around $550. All Amigo lights have been gone for 1000 miles.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:57 PM
1st Gear
Default The 3 amigos plus 1 = ?

Proud new owner of a Disco II HSE 2003 110k Km’s.

Before I purchased the car the 3 amigos were on, as part of the roadworthy certificate the following work was completed by Ritter Australia:
“Check ABS system for faults. Report and Quote. Remove ABS Modulator dismantle and replace solenoid pack reassemble refit bleed bakes (brakes) cancel codes test operation.”
Parts used were SWO500040-A (ABS Modulator Kit S11) and Brake Fluid ($1650).

1500 Km’s later I have the 3 amigos plus the hand brake light on. I have taken the truck (to a different mechanic) to have the codes cleared and read ($55 later).
Report said:
"LHF Wheel Speed Sensor Fault" and "ABS Pump Monitor Fault", sorry no numbers. 68Km’s after having the fault cleared the 4 lights are back on again.

Before the 4 lights came on permanently the 3 amigos would come on. If you stopped the truck and restarted the lights would go off.

I have spoken to Ritter and they say bring it in and they will have a look – that’s a 500 Km round trip ($100 of fuel and 6 hours travelling time).

I have checked the brake fluid level and its fine. I will check the brake pads for wear and get back to you. Anyone have any idea why these warning lights are on and is it related to the work performed to the ABS Modulator?

Old 11-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 4 amigos

I also have the 4 amigos, i replaced the pads and rotors and replaced and bled the brake fluid. How long will it take for and if the lights go out? Mine are still on but ive not driven it many miles. Thanks in advance

Aarom

Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my "4" amigos lights kept coming on, on my 03, i would get it reset, and a month or 2 later it would pop back on. ended up being a bad front left wheel bearing setting off the sensor. it was pretty clunky, needed replaced badly

Old 11-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Winching

Rayman, how did you come to this conclusion on the bearing?

Old 11-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

You need to go get your ABS codes read first then do the repairs, then clear the codes. With the cost of using a mechanic 2 times, it is cheaper to buy your own scanner, fixing your problems, clearing the codes and selling the scanner.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Winching

I found as shop that will read my ABS codes for $45 and $30 to do a compression test to see if my head gasket is leaking. I'm thinking thats a pretty good deal. do you know of any other way to check to see if my head gasket is leaking?

Old 11-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Winching

Mike I did the panic and nothing in the pedal I guess that means ABS mod needs rebuilt?

Quick Reply: 4 amigos?