Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Discovery help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 02:22 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Discovery help.

I just picked this truck up and have some more issue questions about it. The dash is lit up like a xmas tree, the service engine light is on. ( where can I find the obdII port), abs light is on and the srs light is on. Any help in diagnosing these lights would be of great appreciation.

N.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:47 PM
4wd Low
Default RE: 95 Discovery help.

OBDII is under the dash, drivers side, just look down, its a black plastic plug.

Good Luck,
WIll

Old 01-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Three Wheeling

Actually, your 95 disco probably does not have an OBDII port---96 was the year all cars were required to have them. So i took this from a website
"EFI / Check engine light: 1990-1995 Range Rover Classic
Check engine light: 1994-5 Discovery

** Note: These vehicles have both a “Check Engine†light and a “Service Engine†light. Check engine means you have a problem. Service engine means it’s been about 52,000 miles since the timer last reminded you to perform emission service. The information below pertains to Check Engine.

These fault codes will appear on a two digit display found under the passenger seat. Note that although the display can indicate fault codes up to 99 not all numbers are valid codes.

You read the codes by removing the side panel of the seat base (Range Rover) or looking at the display under the back of the seat (Discovery)

I have provided identification for each fault code. In many cases the text refers to test xx. These tests are found in the Land Rover Workshop Manual in the fuel injection section. Some fault codes point to a failed sensor, some indicate an engine fault that has caused the sensor to deliver an out-of-range signal, and some code may indicate either or both. Do not be too quick to replace parts on the basis of codes alone.

Here is how you clear codes once you've read them and addressed the faults:
Switch ignition on.
Disconnect serial link mating plug, wait 5 seconds, then reconnect.
Switch ignition off and wait for main relay (located under the passenger seat in Range Rovers) to drop out.
Switch ignition on. The display should now be reset. If there are other faults, the next one will be displayed. Otherwise the display will be black.
If there is more than one fault repeat these steps to clear each fault until the display is blank.
If you clear a code without performing a repair it (and the EFI light) may or may not return. Some codes are set by intermittent conditions that do not occur often. Other codes signal serious faults that are detected immediately upon startup."

That should help out...you can clear the SE and CE lights, but the SRS is likely the '10 year' inspection. I do not know how necessary the 10 year air bag inspection is, but you may want to take it to a dealer (hopefully and independant land rover mechanic, but still get it looked at either way). Hope you have fun with it, here is the link to the fault code site http://www.robisonservice.com/servic...ouble.asp#1990

Old 01-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Mudding

The SRS light comes on after ten years bc the airbags need to be replaced. Just ignore the srs light it is not importanat, unless you really care for airbags. just disconnect the the light or something to get it to turn off.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:41 AM
Mudding

i didnt mean replaced in previous post i meant serviced.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

Disconnect serial link mating plug. what is that and where is it at. I have a 95 disco and have the fault code and will fix. but not sure where that is to reset. Thanks

Old 10-21-2011, 05:09 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

have you tried asking on the D1 section yet?