Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 disco 2 with broken front coils

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 99 disco 2 with broken front coils

So I finnally am getting around to looking over and doing the 60k major prescribed by Dr. Mike. For those that don't know, 99 disco 2, 55k, fresh out of 4 years of storage bought at an estate sale for 2000. Those that already heard, the deal got sweeter......The son of the former customer/passed away guy came to the shop with the paper work and to pass title to me and says "there is a bunch of stuff I can have, it'd be hard for him to sell, come and pick it up I just want it gone." So....I head over at lunch hour, and in a lean too behind the barn cover with a tarp is a 2001 disco 2 frame with full running gear, suspension, harness, etc....and a crap load of paper work, manuals and four new bfg's all terains. Quickly called my buddy to bring the ramp truck! I don't know why the old guy had it, but it's odd. the 99's frame looks gross and scaley, this one looks like it sat in the showroom. Even the exhaust is shinny and original.....now on to the front coils, my 99 has 2 broken coils I noticed as I went over it, it has no rear bags, and has ace. The running gear I have has rear air bags, and ace. can I use the front springs out of it in my 99, they look close, but I don't want to strip them out to not have them fit.

thanks Pat

Old 11-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by novadisco2
So I finnally am getting around to looking over and doing the 60k major prescribed by Dr. Mike. For those that don't know, 99 disco 2, 55k, fresh out of 4 years of storage bought at an estate sale for 2000. Those that already heard, the deal got sweeter......The son of the former customer/passed away guy came to the shop with the paper work and to pass title to me and says "there is a bunch of stuff I can have, it'd be hard for him to sell, come and pick it up I just want it gone." So....I head over at lunch hour, and in a lean too behind the barn cover with a tarp is a 2001 disco 2 frame with full running gear, suspension, harness, etc....and a crap load of paper work, manuals and four new bfg's all terains. Quickly called my buddy to bring the ramp truck! I don't know why the old guy had it, but it's odd. the 99's frame looks gross and scaley, this one looks like it sat in the showroom. Even the exhaust is shinny and original.....now on to the front coils, my 99 has 2 broken coils I noticed as I went over it, it has no rear bags, and has ace. The running gear I have has rear air bags, and ace. can I use the front springs out of it in my 99, they look close, but I don't want to strip them out to not have them fit.

thanks Pat
Yes, they should fit Pat...funny though, check this thread...not both, but my left front spring was broken as well: https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=25609

Old 11-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Wow 55k as well, not sure if thats funny or scary.....which springs did you end up with? My shocks, although they are about the only shinny part under the "good" rover, need replacing two I'm sure. I think upon going through all the papers i got with my rovers I may use the other shocks off it as well, it appears the other was one the old guy bought new in dec 2000 and rolled over having 18k on it in sept 2002. I guess he had 2 of these as he bought this one new in sept 1999. I wonder if the body of the 2001 is sitting in some body shop somewhere straighted out waiting for it's owner to jam the running gear under it