Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Disco II lowrider

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: 99 Disco II lowrider

I understand.
You have a leaking air bag that is a pretty easy thing to fix. If it drops after sitting over night and comes back up after restarting the truck, the fix is replacing the air bags which is very easy to do, takes about 1/2 hour to do.
Here is a site that has the best prices for replacement bags, $129 US a piece, you will need to replace both.
http://www.sclr.org/
If you have a similar place over your way go for it.
If you do change them out, get back to me and I'll try and answer any questions before you start.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:38 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

I understand.
You have a leaking air bag that is a pretty easy thing to fix. If it drops after sitting over night and comes back up after restarting the truck, the fix is replacing the air bags which is very easy to do, takes about 1/2 hour to do.
Here is a site that has the best prices for replacement bags, $129 US a piece, you will need to replace both.
http://www.sclr.org/
If you have a similar place over your way go for it.
If you do change them out, get back to me and I'll try and answer any questions before you start.
Thank you for your pacience Mike.

I'm going to order now two air springs (air bags), but I've a small doubt in the installation, since I'm using the RAVE, they say that I should depressurize the system with the TestBook, wich, of course, I don't have. Should I only do this operation when the rear is low (depressurized maybe)?

Old 01-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Administrator

When you get the bags and are ready to install them, get back to me and I'll walk you thru it.
Do you have phone and or video conferencing on your computer so we can talk?

Old 01-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I travel internationally a lotand use Skypeon my laptop over hotel high speed internet lines to dial direct to US telephone lines. Cost me 2.5c per minute to call my wife from Bombay, for example. Good deal. Gotta love free markets.

Dave

Old 01-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Administrator

I also use Skype, system works well

Old 01-05-2008, 08:45 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

When you get the bags and are ready to install them, get back to me and I'll walk you thru it.
Do you have phone and or video conferencing on your computer so we can talk?
Ok Mike, maybe using MSN would be good if you can. Meanwhile I'm ordering the bags from the UK, since there are some cheap ones there. Only two questions while they don't come:
1st: Do I really need to change both bags or can I only change the one that's getting low?
2nd: I have to buy the jack stands and I have a doubt about how high should they get?

Thanks

Old 01-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Administrator

You should always replace both, especially if you truck has over 80,000 miles, otherwise there may be a slight difference in height and there is always a chance that the other bag will leak sooner then later anyway.
As for the jack stands, all you need is a good floor jack to jack up the frame, if you dont have one then jack stands will work and they only need to help support the fram about an additional 10"s up off the ground.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Mudding

its been a year since i had a compressor replaced, something is now happening, the back of the disco goes down under movement, then i park it come back and it pumps up just fine, the strange thing is, this happens only sometimes.
its like the compressor does not know what to do. is there a reset or a reboot??? any ideas?????
Happy holidays!!!!

Ralph

www.ralphduke.com