Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Fault code reader

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ABS Fault code reader

I bought a 3 Amigos reader about a year ago from RSWsolutions. used it to fix and narrow down my issues, replaced one sensor and did the option 2 shuttle valve fix. that damn amigos came back again. Somehow I lost my $200 scanner - Bummer!

I don 't want to spend another $200 for this little device. Can anyone suggest other options? will appreciate. I need to get the state inspection done soon.
Thanks

Old 01-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I've got a hawkeye for sale. It's quite a bit more money, but it will do everything the amigo will do and more.

I'm asking $600 with D2 and LR3 support, and all of the cables needed for those two vehicles, and it's got the latest v6 software on it.

I'm open to offers.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

If you've got a laptop or Windows Tablet, then there's the AutoCom Scanner. It interfaces with a computer and runs about $70-$75 + shipping. Comes out to about $100 to your door.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...o-2-abs-62213/

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...hlight=autocom

And finally, my Latest Software Update: You can run this on any computer to see if you like it before buying the hardware.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-vmware-64725/

Last edited by SuperSport; 01-28-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

I keep one of those amigo things, in my truck, but in dallas. welcome to borrow. didn't know about ^ that ^. good deal.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As SuperSport , the resident expert on the Autocom/Delphi System, says try the autocom system. I have installed the program and it is robust enough to handle all ABS Issues, if you are willing to wait you can order them for about 80 Dollars Delivered from AliExpress.com but it takes about a month.

exact page

Newly 2013 Release 3 DELPHI DS150E VCI TCS CDP Pro+ DS150 Diagnostic Scanner 3 IN 1 For Cars/Trucks/Generic With Plastic Box-in Diagnostic Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

This will do more than just ABS, it will give you access to many of the systems on your Discovery.

I have it and am please. SuperSport is the man on this.

Last edited by xxdoylexx; 01-28-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by xxdoylexx
As SuperSport , the resident expert on the Autocom/Delphi System, says try the autocom system. I have installed the program and it is robust enough to handle all ABS Issues, if you are willing to wait you can order them for about 80 Dollars Delivered from AliExpress.com but it takes about a month.

exact page

Newly 2013 Release 3 DELPHI DS150E VCI TCS CDP Pro+ DS150 Diagnostic Scanner 3 IN 1 For Cars/Trucks/Generic With Plastic Box-in Diagnostic Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

This will do more than just ABS, it will give you access to many of the systems on your Discovery.

I have it and am please. SuperSport is the man on this.
Unfortunately, you need to purchase 2 or more for that price, but that is a heck of a price.

EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, these are cheap Chinese knock offs, so I'm not sure what the longevity of them will be in the future. But for the price, it was worth the gamble for me.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Rock Crawling

I would like to replace my lost Amigo and a generic OBDII with one good and solid device that can trouble shoot Land Rover Discover II, BMW and other vehicles. So the choices are AutoCom CDM+ and Autel AL619

Any suggestion?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by sayeedA
I would like to replace my lost Amigo and a generic OBDII with one good and solid device that can trouble shoot Land Rover Discover II, BMW and other vehicles. So the choices are AutoCom CDM+ and Autel AL619

Any suggestion?
Autel is very simple straight forward, easy to carry, no computer needed.

AutoCom needs a computer and is a little clunkier to move around. Software is a pain to mess with initially, but with my easy installer on this forum, I've taken out most of the headache.

AutoCom probably does more if you don't mind the computer thing.

It will be personal preference.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Rock Crawling

Thank you. The computer is not a problem. we have at least 6-7 laptops and Samsng pads between 4 member of my fam. But I would like a solid platform and good upgrade path path.
Thanks for your advice and looks like you put out some coding work there

where are you located?

Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by sayeedA
where are you located?
California. Not much coding, but a lot of messing around with software...

Quick Reply: ABS Fault code reader