Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Fault code reader

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I think there were some reports of the HF scanner not having LR support.

This one will work with updates:

Amazon.com: Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool: Automotive Amazon.com: Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool: Automotive

Old 02-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

They are virtually the same as far as how they work. They both use the same software. Both will run AutoCom or Delphi software. The software is also virtually identical. Delphi is easier to install. Both are USB.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by sayeedA
Has Anyone used this reader from HF?
CAN & OBD II Scan Tool with ABS

I ordered a week ago CDP Pro+ have not heard anything from them. I will need a back up plan to clear 3 Amigos before the Disco passes the inspection.
Newly 2013 Release 3 DELPHI DS150E VCI TCS CDP Pro+ DS150 Diagnostic Scanner 3 IN 1 For Cars/Trucks/Generic With Plastic Box-in Diagnostic Tools from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com
I believe that is the Chinese knockoffs of the Autel 619. I also think I remember someone saying they used the Autel firmware to update it.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport
California. Not much coding, but a lot of messing around with software...
My scanner finally arrived after close to a month even though I paid for 3-5 days DHL. Communication was confusing and it was painful needless to say.
See the pic. It's stated do not connect to internet - any idea why?

I guess I am going to try to install SuperSport's installer and by pass this software. Any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails ABS Fault code reader-2014-02-24-19.04.23_resized.jpg  
Old 02-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Pro Wrench

My scanner finally arrived after close to a month even though I paid for 3-5 days DHL. Communication was confusing and it was painful needless to say.
See the pic. It's stated do not connect to internet - any idea why?

I guess I am going to try to install SuperSport's installer and by pass this software. Any suggestions?
Yes, unless you speak Chinese, it is quite difficult to communicate. Even when I've gotten someone who speaks English, it's tough.

They don't want you to connect to the Internet because it can cause the Activation to quit working.

With my version that does not happen, but if you Allow the Update, you will need to Patch and Activate again. If asked if you want to update, just say no. There really is no difference for the Land Rovers. If you do update, Re-Patch and Re-Activate.

Their Installation instructions may not make total sense either. You need to email a file to your seller, but it's hard to understand that's what they want. Then, they send it back to you activated. With my installer, you do it all yourself on your own computer at your leisure.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:14 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks SuperSport. They gave me 3 different shipping tracking, emailing back and forth through Aliexpress was painful. I guess that's what you get for the bargain.

I was able to finish the installation with your help last night. Is there a user guide on how to use the software and hardware. What about the SD Card Slot ? What is that for? Capturing live data?

Thanks

Old 02-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Pro Wrench

Thanks SuperSport. They gave me 3 different shipping tracking, emailing back and forth through Aliexpress was painful. I guess that's what you get for the bargain.

I was able to finish the installation with your help last night. Is there a user guide on how to use the software and hardware. What about the SD Card Slot ? What is that for? Capturing live data?

Thanks
SD Card slot IS for Live Data. Not all of these scanners have that ability. If you have the slot, you should have it.

These PDF files should help (I'm not sure the differences in the files):

USER GUIDES
DS150
DS150 Windows Vista
DS150 Windows 7

Don't worry about the installation information as you already have that done.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Supersport -

i just want to give a big thanks for putting that software together. It seems like this could be an amazing tool at a fraction of what it would normally cost. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, and predictably still haven't gotten it. But I can't wait to try it out.

THANK YOU!!!

Old 02-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by dr. mordo
Supersport -

i just want to give a big thanks for putting that software together. It seems like this could be an amazing tool at a fraction of what it would normally cost. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, and predictably still haven't gotten it. But I can't wait to try it out.

THANK YOU!!!
Have you installed the software yet? You can run through the software even WITHOUT the tool so you can get used to it.

And, you are Welcome!

Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I didn't know that. I'll have to download it tonight.

I'll let you know how it goes.