Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Absoultely Disgusted

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Absoultely Disgusted

ORIGINAL: NiteTrain

I bought my rover knowing it would continue to deprecate with rising fuel cost, but I dont regret it. I enjoying using it and will use it more if gas prices go down.

They always screw you on trade-in value, btw i think banks use NADA not KBB to determine value.

True, my spouse works for a credit and they use NADA only.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont think of it as trade in value. think of it as what would it cost somebody to buy it away from you? do NOT do this exercise when your rover has an empty gas tank and you are in line at the station...
i try to think of it this way: i go out and do stupid **** in stupid places - my rover brings me home. value: priceless.
if you ever doubt this ask yourself what it would cost someone to buy it away from you the next time you tow out some jackedup/bigtires/overmodified/overpriced jeep thing out of a mud hole. its not the cash value that is important it is how much YOU value your rover...
nuf said

pilsner
2000 disco II
135k and counting
ft lewis WA

Old 10-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat the trade-in value. Just sell it as a private seller- OR find a dealer that specializes in LRs. I've learned that the LR market is entirely separated from all other SUV markets, and if a dealer thought they were getting a Montero lookalike, they'd probably offer you grossly less than it is truly worth.

Also, the 'value' changes with about a hundred other factors. A stock in a company is never really worth less or more, it has only perceived value, driven by demand. Your Disco might KBB for $2,500, but if sh*t hits the fan and you've got to get across a freaking desert or through a river- suddenly your Disco will be priceless- no amount of linen green pieces of paper could ever make you walk away from it.

The "blue book value" will be as irrelevant as the police at 3am when an armed home invader is kicking in your bedroom door.

Pat