Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE - SLS question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013 | 08:47 PM
|
6th Gear
Default ACE - SLS question

im new to the land rover world. im trying to really figure out what my truck has and doesnt have. i dont think the truck has ACE, just looking at pictures it seems the rear doesnt have the extra parts ACE has. as for SLS, my truck has the mud flaps in front of the rear tires, the plastic arms behind those flaps and i have the leveling button on the dash. But, i have coil springs. is it safe to assume a previous owner made the convertion already. im look to do some suspension work on the truck to get a more comfortable ride. 2001 with 100k could probably use new shocks and bushing to soften the ride back up. any input would be appreciated. thank you

Old 06-25-2013 | 09:03 PM
Three Wheeling

Peek into the passenger front wheel well and forward of the spring you will see the swaybar going to the front. Right on top of it and attached at one end will be a hydraulic actuator. If its not there, ACE was either never there or got deleted.

you can see the hydraulic actuator in that picture, there's the rubber boot covering the piston rod.

Old 06-25-2013 | 09:25 PM
Administrator

And yes, some one removed your SLS, too bad, and yes it is safe to drive, just not as comfortable.

Old 06-25-2013 | 09:25 PM
|
6th Gear

thank you for the info. safe to say this vehicle is not ACE equipped.

Old 06-25-2013 | 09:28 PM
Administrator

Might want to read my major service list at the top of this section and do it all, especially the front drive shaft.
Depending on the coils the PO installed, you may be able to settle the ride down with a set of Old Man EMU Sport shocks and a new steering stabilizer.

Old 06-25-2013 | 09:29 PM
|
6th Gear

thank you Mike, yeah i am kinda disappointed about that. the truck just has a hard ride. some banging and clanging on the rode. i want to make it a more comfortable ride since the truck is mostly used to head out east one hour to the 4x4 beach with the wife and the baby. im looking for ideas to make it a more comfortable ride. i was thinking a 3" OME lift but was worried it would be a worse ride. another thought was replacing shocks and springs with factory and doing bushings and or anything else that i feel could help. whats your opinion. i know its a bit of a rambling post but, im sure you get the gist of what i mean

Old 06-25-2013 | 09:33 PM
Administrator

3" lift is not what you want, believe me.
If you want some help, PM me your number and I'll call you tomorrow.

Old 06-25-2013 | 09:34 PM
|
6th Gear

just printed your major service thread. great start for me. thanks again Mike

Old 06-26-2013 | 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

If your SLS was removed, the computer may still think it is present, and will operate the air valves during the night to level the vehicle. This will run battery down. You can disconnect the common ground for the air pump and the valves, right under the hood. On the attached stud, one wire is the SLS common ground (C0811), the other is the fuel pump. If truck does not start hook the fuel pump wire back up.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 sls valve ground.pdf (349.7 KB, 78 views)
Old 06-26-2013 | 02:36 AM
Three Wheeling

The sls self levels at night when the car is off?

Quick Reply: ACE - SLS question