Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE system leaking bad...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I have a friend that just removed his entire ACE system and is selling all the parts, PM me with your number if you want some parts.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:23 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great information - thanks

My disco 2 sprang an ace leak this morning, found this thread on a search while having a cuppa before getting the spanners out, spot on info, found the loose union exactly where it was described, nipped it up and away e go again, i know its not a new thread but thankyou for it

Old 08-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I presume you tightened a leaking banjo bolt like I described. Glad to see it was a relatively trouble free repair.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys,

Gots me a 2010 Range Rover Sport with Dynamic assist and the ACE system so I'm hoping this is all the same poop but in a different pile.

In the spirit of not creating duplicate threads I have a leak somerhere in the ACE system as well... Added Lucas Power Steering Stop leak although I went a little over the max fill line.. Car is sitting now so I'll check it once it is cold and report back but I have a question about removing the air inlet tube to get at that banjo bolt.

Does anyone have some pics or diagrams that will show me where all this stuff is. I've pin pointed the rear sway bar actuator which is where i suspect the *slow* leak is coming form but I'd like to check that infamous Banjo Bolt to see if it's loose....

Anyone?

Last edited by Pabloottawa; 04-15-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Pabloottawa
Hey guys,

Gots me a 2010 Range Rover Sport with Dynamic assist and the ACE system so I'm hoping this is all the same poop but in a different pile.

In the spirit of not creating duplicate threads I have a leak somerhere in the ACE system as well... Added Lucas Power Steering Stop leak although I went a little over the max fill line.. Car is sitting now so I'll check it once it is cold and report back but I have a question about removing the air inlet tube to get at that banjo bolt.

Does anyone have some pics or diagrams that will show me where all this stuff is. I've pin pointed the rear sway bar actuator which is where i suspect the *slow* leak is coming form but I'd like to check that infamous Banjo Bolt to see if it's loose....

Anyone?
Wrong forum for a 2010 Rangie. Different engine and everything. I presume you have an ACE pump in the drive belt group(A/C, alternator, etc.) follow hose from fluid reservoir to pump. On a Disco, the hose attaches via a banjo bolt with a copper crush washer. The inadequately tightened banjo bolt was corrected at the factory by a TSB, about 10 years before your Rangie was built. Not likely your problem, but won't hurt to look.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:11 AM
Mudding
Received 160 Likes on 73 Posts

I had the Lucas stop leak actually make things worse on my SAAB.

Last edited by T-rex; 04-17-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:41 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PalmettoDisco
Wrong forum for a 2010 Rangie. Different engine and everything. I presume you have an ACE pump in the drive belt group(A/C, alternator, etc.) follow hose from fluid reservoir to pump. On a Disco, the hose attaches via a banjo bolt with a copper crush washer. The inadequately tightened banjo bolt was corrected at the factory by a TSB, about 10 years before your Rangie was built. Not likely your problem, but won't hurt to look.
Yeah I figured that but there's really not that much info on the rear sway bar actuator and these things aren't cheap on the 2010's so I thought I'd ask here after a google search.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:26 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 6ta1
I got a high pressure line custom made for $45 - so far so good. I didn't check the price at Land Rover but last time I asked for some bolts they were like $8 each... so I don't want to imagine the price for the line.

Is it the same as me that you have leaking (from the front actuator to the main valve under the rear passenger door)?

I never got a reply on the bleeding procedure but it seems to be working fine.
I had to top the level a couple of time after I test drove the truck - so I am guessing that most of the air got off by itself

Note: the system is very high pressure (2000psi if I recall from Rave). The first line I got made was "power steering grade" and blew after 2 hard curves. The shop made it again with some "truck grade" connections good for 20000psi and now it's fixed

What was the size of the power steering grade flexible pipe you bought? I am dealing with the same issue on my '01 SE7 with ACE. The inner fender wall sliced the rubber and it now has a hole and leaks like crazy. Hopefully going to use a hydraulic repair kit to cut out bad part and put kit in. Thanks!

Old 06-26-2020, 03:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 94 Posts

have you seen this on youtube Discovery 2 ACE pipe Fix

now I know he used 10 mm copper plumber pipe,

but as the system is used at 135 bar, thats 1960 psi, then I would look to getting Tungum, alloy pipe its widely used in high pressure gas systems and it used with compression fitting, unless Stainless is cheaper

Last edited by frostythor; 06-26-2020 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-26-2020, 12:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 94 Posts

For those who are not familiar with Tungam as I said earlier it widely used in the offshore industry

Quick Reply: ACE system leaking bad...