Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension - Factory options

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2022 | 07:19 PM
|
Pro Wrench
Default Air suspension - Factory options

I'm fighting the 3 amigos on a new acquisition truck. The wiring in the SVS looked great and the switch assembly actually looked pretty new but I did option B anyway, however I got no love. I did some searching here and of course ABS wheel sensor failure was a popular suggestion. Then remembered I have a Foxwell 510 which will read ABS codes! I've never really used it to troubleshoot anything but I blindly scrolled through the menus and there were a couple stored codes in the ABS section; right rear outlet valve open, front right signal erratic, and SVS elec failure. I cleared them but still had some lights in the cluster when I took it out for a test ride. I tried live data and I remember seeing all four wheel speed sensors slowly climbing from 0 up to 10 mph, but by then I was ready to pull out of my driveway and onto the main road so I stopped looking. The next time I checked it said Lost Communication. Nothing would restore it while driving so I turned around and pulled back into the driveway.

While poking around with the Foxwell I noticed that the truck was set for an air suspension. It gave me some warning that proceeding would switch the setup to a coil spring suspension, which the truck has so I didn't see a downside. I proceeded and when I checked the config screen it said that it was now set for a coil spring suspension. There's only one cap on the reservoir near the air cleaner, and there's no SLS button on the dash so I'm a little confused. How could it have an air suspension without these components? How can I tell if the truck ever did?

On a brighter note, I'm not sure what actually did it but at some point I noticed that I only had the ABS light on while sitting in the driveway poking my way through the different menus on the Foxwell. Its buddies HDC and TC had gone out. I took the truck out for another test ride and the next time I looked ABS also went out. I continued to drive for about 5 miles and when I got home the amigos were gone and there were no pending codes either. I realize 5 miles isn't much but I'm hopeful that clearing old codes, doing option B and setting the truck to coil spring made everybody happier.