Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension maintenance and lift.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension maintenance and lift.

I have a DII with the SLS rear air suspension and it has never given me trouble in the time I have owned it. Since I am planning a long trip with the Rover this summer I am trying to get everything reliable and wanted to know if there is anything needed as far as preventative maintenance goes. Any cleaning or lubing that is needed to keep it reliable? Yes I know I can swap it out with springs but I would like to keep it. Also if I have any kind of break downs or malfunctions in the middle of nowhere is there something i can do with normal set of tools to bring her back home, or at least to a decent maintenance facility? I remember reading something about this especially if there is a control mudule fault.

I have also been curious if there is a simple 2in lift available for this vehicle. Do you just lift the front and reprogram the rear air suspension? Or do you have to do something with the rear.

Thanks guys,

Fred

Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Air suspension maintenance and lift.

I dont think that you can do a lift with the air bags. They are only so long and if you lift it you will be at the limit of what they can stretch to already.
If they fail there are "bump stops" that will keep the axle from hitting the frame.
I thought that I read somewhere that you can air them back up with a 12v compressor if the module fails, but check into that.
How long is your trip going to be? 6 months?

Old 02-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Air suspension maintenance and lift.

Fred,
How many miles on your truck?
No there is nothing you can do in the form of maintance.
Yes there is a great lift for trucks with SLS, send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a couple pictures of mine with a near 3" lift while still retaining my air bags.
mikeljacobs@comcast.net